4

It was three weeks before the F1 calendar was back running and in Europe for the Emilia Romagna Grand Prix in Imola, Italy.

Lily was coming close to her final week of college for the year meaning she was unable to attend the race as she was studying for her final exam on the Monday after the race.

But that didn't mean she didn't make time to watch it on tv in the background during her studying.

The first practice session was on with Chase leading the way. Jack was doing surprisingly well putting his Bennett up in 3rd place in the timings.

David was down in 10th behind Chase's teammate at Audi, Andrew Owens, who won last year's championship.

Lily found herself staring at the tv too much before pulling her gaze back down to her notes in front of her that were spread out across the kitchen table.

The brown haired girl was intensely staring down at the pages in front of her when a loud bang made her jump in surprise.

She turned around to find the source of the noise to see a frame face down on the ground in front of the window that had clearly fallen.

Lily stood up and walked over before lifting the frame up to see a photo she has forgot still held a place on the kitchen windowsill.

"I love that photo." A familiar voice spoke giving her the shivers.

"You're not real. You're not here." Lily said placing the frame back on the windowsill after making sure it wasn't broken.

"Then why are you talking to me?" The man smiled as he watching Lily walk back across the room.

"I'm not. Well I'm not anymore." Lily replied as she sat back down at the kitchen table.

"That's fine. I'll just sit and watch you study." He spoke as he took a seat across from Lily.

"Go away Luca." Lily said as she placed her hands on the side of her head trying to block out his voice.

"You won't even know I'm here." Luca told her as he leant back in his seat and crossed his arms.

He stared intensely at her as she tried to study like he always did when he wanted to spend time with her but she had to study.

"Stop breathing like that." Lily commented as the threw her hands back in frustration.

"I'm dead. How is my breathing annoying you?" Luca laughed in reply.

"This isn't funny. Please go away Luca." Lily shook her head in reply as she could find herself getting emotional.

"And that's a red flag ladies and gentlemen. David Kauffman has put his Bennett into the wall at Turn 6 after a spin in the rain." The voice of the commentator spoke pulling Lily's attention towards the tv.

After watching David climb out of his car and wait for the medical car to pick him up, Lily eventually turned her gaze back across the table to find she was alone again.

"Luca? Luca?" Lily called out as she stood up looking around for the young man.

After receiving no reply she realised she was all alone again causing her to sigh before sitting down. She ran her hands down her face in frustration before trying to study again.