1

Lily sat on the balcony patio area of the Bennett F1 team hospitality building for this weekend's season opener in Bahrain.

Considering the season started in mid March, she was currently knee deep in end of year assignments which luckily she could do on the road when she went to races with her dad.

She was currently studying sports journalism in University of East London and this would be her second year there out of three. She enjoyed writing and naturally sports so the course gave her an opportunity to explore both.

She had her laptop sitting on the table with her assignment notes spread across the screen while she tapped a pen in her hand on the notebook in front of her trying to think of what to write in order to finish it off.

During her first year at university, Lily came up with a rule whenever she went to a race weekend with her father. She would spend Thursday and Friday working on her uni stuff and then she would be free for Saturday and Sunday to enjoy the race weekends.

Naturally if she got everything done on the Thursday or early Friday then she would attend some of the practice sessions but otherwise she would aim to see FP3 and Qualifying on the Saturday.

Today was Friday meaning both free practice one and two. FP1 had ended three hours ago and the drivers were currently in the middle of of the second practice of the new season.

Jack Harris, Bennett Racing's newest driver and one of three rookies on the formula one grid this year, had managed to finish P13 in his first practice season.

He had wildly impressed not just his new team but others in the paddock too along with the media during pre season testing two weeks ago at the same track they were racing at this weekend.

The more experienced of the two Bennett F1 drivers, Austrian born David Kaufmann, managed to place P5 during the first practice session.

This year would be David's 7th season with the team. He joined when he was just 25 after previously racing for Audi F1 during the first few years of his F1 career.

He was one of the longest serving drivers on the grid and was always a consistent driver. He gave good results every weekend and rarely has a weekend we're he failed to score points for the team even if it was in P9 or 10.

Coincidentally, David joined the team the same year that Lily's dad became the new team principal and bought the team. The two men became very close due to this fact and got on very well even considering their age gap.

Curiosity growing the better of her, Lily decided to pull the session up on her phone to see how things were going. She was nearly finished her assignment but there wasn't long left of the session so she decided against going to the garage.

Just as the session loaded on her phone she could see the familiar blue looking car in the barrier of what looked like turn 10.

She waited for a moment and then saw the name of Jack Harris flash up on the screen letting her and everyone else watching who it was that had crashed.

With just under 10 minutes left the session was red flagged and ended so the marshals could move the car and get it back to the garage for the team.

She watched as Jack got out of the car. He looked back in frustration before walking away shaking his head allowing the marshals to move the car.