3

"Chase." Lily exclaimed as she felt herself being lifted of the ground. The black and grey of the sleeve around her arm gave away who had lifted her.

"Hey Lils." Chase replied with a smile as he placed his fellow Brit back on the ground.

"Thank you for nearly giving the entire paddock a view of my underwear." Lily rolled her eyes as she tugged her dress down.

"Oh calm down. No one was even looking." Chase commented causing Lily to slap his arm. "Hey!"

"You deserve that." Lily said as she crossed her arms over her chest.

"Anyway. How's the new kid?" Chase wondered.

"Kid? He's like a whole 18 months younger than you." The Bennett girl told him.

"You know what I mean." Chase told her as the pair started walking down the paddock.

"Not sure. Haven't actually spoke to him yet." Lily explained.

"What? You haven't spoke to him yet?" Chase asked in surprise. "How have you managed to go the whole weekend without still meeting?"

"Just never happened." Lily said as she shrugged her shoulders as they arrived outside Audi's hospitality building.

"This is my stop." Chase spoke as he looked at the building behind him.

"Well good luck." Lily winked at Chase as he walked up the small set of steps towards the hospitality building. "Be safe."

"Aren't I always?" Chase replied with a smile before disappearing inside.

Lily continued her walk down the paddock towards the Bennett hospitality building, not noticing Jack stood a few feet away after seeing her with Chase.

"So she's Chase's girlfriend?" Jack said more to himself than to Joe Richards, his F2 teammate from last year.

"Who?" Joe spoke in confusion not sure who his friend was talking about.

"That girl." Jack nodded his head in the direction of the brown haired girl who was now outside the Bennett building. "But that doesn't explain why she's with Bennett. Unless she work there."

Joe followed the F1 rookie's gaze and eventually realise who he was talking about. Joe smiled and shook his head.

"Oh poor Jack." Joe said patting his the Brit on the back.

"What?" Jack asked in confusion.

Joe opened his mouth to reply before his performance coach arrive to drag him to the support paddock to get ready for his own F2 race in 45 minutes.

"Wait." The Brit called out after the F2 driver.

"I'll tell you later." Joe shouted back as he disappeared around the corner towards the F2 paddock.

Jack shook his head as he realised he was no further on in finding out who the girl was as he walked back towards his own hospitality building.

—————

Lily stood in the back of the garage with her hands over her eyes as the drivers began the second last lap of the race.