5

"Oh I love the Spanish Grand Prix." Nicole exclaimed as the pair linked arms while walking through the paddock.

"You love hot guys on your door step." Lily clarified for her best friend.

"True that." Nicole nodded her head in agreement.

"You have a boyfriend. Shut up." Lily said rolling her eyes at Nicole.

Nicole moved to Barcelona last year with her boyfriend Lorenzo. The pair met during Lorenzo's student exchange year when he was 16 and had been together ever since.

They were the picture perfect couple in every way. Both of them were extremely good looking and smart. They had so much trust and faith in each other that they'd never dream of cheating.

Which is why Lily knew Nicole's comments were a joke and the pair could always have a laugh about cute guys even around Lorenzo.

"Okay so where is the cute new driver?" Nicole asked as they reached the team buildings.

"Probably getting into the car for free practice." Lily replied simply.

"Ugh no fun." Nicole rolled her eyes in reply. "I still can't believe you haven't talked to him."

"I have talked to him." Lily spoke matter a factly.

"You have?" Nicole exclaimed letting go of Lily's arm.

Lily was glad that free practice was due to start any minute as it meant the paddock was fairly empty and people weren't around for Nicole's outburst.

"Shush. I'm sure Lorenzo heard you in Madrid." Lily said slapping Nicole's arm.

"What? I'm curious. You spoke to your dad's new, hot driver and didn't tell me." Nicole commented while shrugging her shoulders.

"It wasn't exactly anything to write home about. I told him to lift his head after the race in Bahrain, that's it." Lily spoke as she guided Nicole to the Bennett Racing garage. "Now shut up."

"Rude." Nicole replied as she waited for Lily to grab them both a pair of blue headphones.

"Just put on the headphones and watch the session." Lily said as she handed Nicole her headphones before spilling on her own.

—————

The following day was qualifying day and while Nicole went to go and meet Lorenzo at the swipe gates with his pass, Lily took it as an opportunity to go and see Chase.

Unknown to Lily, Chase had a huge crush on her and had done since they met when he became a Bennett young driver.

He enjoyed spending time with her at and away from the race track and liked how she would always find time to come and see him before qualifying to wish him luck and same before the race.

Although he would never tell her how he felt in fear of losing the relationship they did have for something that might never become something more. 

"Knock, Knock." Lily's familiar and soft voice could be heard before Chase jumped up to let her inside his driver's room.

"Hey Lils." Chase said with a smile as he opened the door letting her inside.