6

"I can't believe you didn't know that John was Lily's dad." James, Jack's performance coach, spoke as the pair left the gym and went to have lunch together.

"Well how was I supposed to know? I only spoke to her once before I found out." Jack replied as the driver held open the door for them both.

"Well now you know so you know she's off limits." James told him.

"What's that supposed to mean?" Jack wondered as they walked into the Bennett Racing factory canteen.

"Come on man. First rule of work, never date the boss's daughter." The older Brit spoke causing Jack to roll his eyes in reply.

"I'm not stupid. I'm not gonna throw away my seat over some girl. I barely even know her." The Harris man assured his performance coach.

James on the other hand wasn't completely convinced but he was taking Jack's word right now as he didn't know Lily but there was a long season ahead and that could all change.

—————

The race after Spain was Monaco and Monaco always meant party time. It was one of the most historical and well known motorsports events in history.

Celebrities and millionaires gathered in the marina on yachts to catch a glimpse of the cars during the day before partying long into the night.

It was a weekend that Lily thoroughly enjoyed for both the races and the experiences, her mother always tried to make it to Monaco too for the race.

Lily's mother, Claire Bennett, was the CFO of Shell in the UK meaning she was away a lot on business but due to their sponsorship of the Armani F1 team, she could go to the occasional race as a work expense.

"I love this place." Lily commented as she and her parents were on a boat from their apartment in Monaco to the paddock.

The one problem with such a small country is that on a weekend like this it gets extremely busy meaning the roads and jammed with traffic so it's easier to get to the paddock via speed boat.

"Let's hope it's a good weekend for the team." John spoke.

Monaco was a big deal in the motorsport world. Most drivers who won big races in Monaco were remember forever and their name went down in history.

"It will be." Claire assured her husband with a kiss on the cheek.

"Yeh, mum's right. David's great around here. And Jack's won here last year in F2." Lily spoke and John nodded in agreement.

"Fingers crossed." John replied as the boat pulled up at the small dock by the paddock.

John got out of the boat first before offering his hand to his wife then his daughter to help them out of the boat.

"Monaco. Yah!" Lily said excitedly as they headed for the swipe gates.

—————

"I loved coming here." A familiar voice spoke giving Lily shivers down her spine.

"You're not real." Lily said out loud to herself and Luca.