The House

Walking up to a house the little boy told you about you observed it from the shadows. He told you, Tanjiro and Zenitsu that a monster grabbed his older brother and took him inside. Glancing at the house it looked like it had been abandoned for a couple of years, but it looked like it was in decent condition. The bushes rustled and out came a little girl in a pink kimono.

"Are you going to save my brother?" She asked with hopeful eyes.

"Yes!" You said kneeling down, "My friends and I will save your brother."

"It smells like death." You commented standing and looking at the wooded building then at Tanjiro.

"I can smell it too." Tanjiro muttered concern growing in his eyes.

You never smelled this at home or in the Infinity Castle. The smell was repulsive. A thumping sound came from inside the home and a window opened with a person falling to the ground. Quickly you grabbed the little kids and hugged them close to you. You didn't want them to see the dead person.

"Is this your brother?" Tanjiro asked, pointing at the dead body.

Hesitantly the little boy pulled himself out of your grasp and looked over.

"No, he is wearing an orange jacket." Relief washed over Tanjiro as he walked towards you and the others. Setting the box that was on his back down he looked at the little ones.

"What's inside the box will protect you, okay? So, you don't have to be scared." Then walked towards the entrance. Standing up you followed.

"WAIT! You can't leave me?!"

"A little boy needs our help." Tanjiro said seriously. "You can stay outside and protect the little ones with the box, but don't open it."

'This might be awhile. Blood Demon Art ~ Manipulation of Emotions' You focused on Zenitsu making eye contact.

"You can do it, Zenitsu." You said.

Confidence replaced the fear and worry in Zenitsu as he agreed to protect the little ones and the box.

"Alright! Let's go."

Walking through the front doors you looked around. Dim lanterns lit up the hallway flickering making it difficult to see. Well not for you since you could see well in the dark, but you weren't sure Tanjiro could.

As if your art didn't work, Zenitsu ran inside scared.

"What is it?" Tanjiro asked.

"Something was scratching the box on the inside and we were scared, so we came inside with you guys."

A drum sounded in the distance and Zenitsu bumped you, Tanjiro and the little girl in another room. The door closed immediately.

*Thump. Thump*

Standing up, Tanjiro opened the door to another hallway. It was empty and Zenitsu was nowhere to be seen. Tanjiro looked at you and pulled his sword out.

"We should split up. That way we will be able to find the others and their brother faster." You said standing up from your fall. "I don't want to leave you in danger." He said with a worried expression.

"I'll be fine." You replied drawing out our twin swords. "I don't want the little ones in here too long. They will have a higher chance of being found." With that you ran out the door. After opening a few doors and putting some distance between you and Tanjiro a door broke open. A man with a boar mask burst through a door and ran to where Tanjiro and the others were.