Mount Natagumo ~ Part 2

A/N ~ I'm so happy that you guys are enjoying my story! I've never expected to have almost 300 reads. Thank you so much for the support and I hope you enjoy the future chapters!! 💖 Also Mugen Train will be in here.

Water moving in a circular motion went in between you and Rui forcing the threads down. Making eye contact you saw relief, confusion, and worry in Tanjiro's eyes. Putting his arm around your waist he pushes you both back a few feet.

"Are you okay? Where are you hurt?" He asked, cupping your face in his free hand. Retrackting your nails you nodded.

"Yes, I am fine. Thank you." You replied calmly.

"I'm glad you're alright, but you're bleeding." He smiled gently, wiping the blood off your neck. Your face heated up at the kind gesture you looked in Rui's direction.

"I told you not to be near her!" Rui said angrily as he shot more threads towards Tanjiro. Reacting quickly you jumped in front of him and cut through them with your fans.

"If you are going to be in the way then I will keep you out of the way. " He snarled, retracting the remaining threads back.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"A strong scent with another is coming from this direction." He said to himself while running and darting in between trees, and shrubs. "It's getting stronger. Why? Who else could be here? Is it Y/n?"

Yelling came from the distance near the left, so darting through he got a whiff of blood.

"That's...she's hurt!" Picking up his speed he ran and came to a clearing. Pulling his sword over his head he leaped into the air.

"Full Concentration~ Water Breathing Second Form ~ Water Wheel!"

Separating the two was good. Looking at her surprised expression he saw that her pupils were now slits and her nails were longer. Little trails of blood ran down her neck as she was standing in a crouched fighting position. Grabbing her, he pushed them back away from the demon. Heart racing he looked at her and cupped her face in his hand.

"Are you okay? Are you hurt?"

Relaxing a bit she responded calmly. "Yes, I am fine. Thank you."

'She's so strong, but I wished I could have arrived sooner. She could have died if I wasn't here.'

Taking the edge of his sleeve he tilted her head to the side and began to wipe the blood off. "I told you not to be near her!" Rui said angrily as he shot more threads towards him. Quickly she rushed in front of him and cut the threads that were about to dash him to pieces with her fans.

"If you are going to be in the way then I will keep you out of the way. " He snarled, retracting the remaining threads back. Threads were now surrounding them as Y/n quickly cut them. He could barely cut them with his sword and he had a few broken bones from the previous fight with the "dad".

'I'm not going to let her get hurt. No matter what!'

It was getting harder for him as more threads were coming. Soon they began to cut into his skin. Heart racing and adrenaline pumping through his veins he looked over to you. Anger was written all over her face as she slashed. Threads wrapped around her ankles tripping her.

"Oof." More threads came and pinned her to the ground.

"I told you were not going to touch her." The demon said. "Now I think it's time for you to die and not disturb us."