Dreams and Changes

A/n~ Again I don't own any of the pictures. I go them off of Pinterest and Google. Also sorry for the long wait! Having 6 jobs can be a little overwhelming sometimes. 😅 This will probably be a short chapter, but I promise to add more detail before the next one. Also thank you so much for reading my story and supporting it! I can't believe that I have almost 1k reads! 

Crickets chirped softly in the background as you slowly opened your heavy eyelids. The sound of water trickled gently as you felt something silky on your cheek. Turning slowly you looked up to see a woman with silver, snow white hair. She seemed to be studying the stars in the sky.

"M...Mother?" You questioned so quietly that even the wind probably couldn't hear. Slowly she lowered her head looking at you with gentle eyes. "It's about time you woke up." She teased lightly pocking your nose. "I thought I would be a loner watching the stars in the sky."

Noticing you were laying on her lap you sat up on your knees. Confusion, sadness, bewilderment and so many other emotions squeeze your heart that your chest felt tight. Struggling to breath, your throat began to burn and tighten as well.

"Y/n..! Are you alright?" Your mother asked worriedly, leaning close to your face. Before you could turn your head away from her she lightly put her pale hand on your cheek. Tears stung your eyes as you looked at her bright red orbs. A worried expression was shown on her face as she examined yours.

"What's the matter? Did you have a bad nightmare?"

Not knowing what to say and wanting to say everything, you fell forward hugging her tightly. Warm tears streamed down your face as she hugged you back.

"I Is t this real?" You asked in between sobs.

"Of course this is real. Why wouldn't it be?" She asked, her tone as soft as silk.

Without a response you clung to her crying.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I know she'll be furious with me for doing that, but.." he trailed off, " if I didn't she would know, since it seems her connection with the slayers is a little strong." The cold wind blew and ruffled his hair violently as the train traveled towards its destination. Turning he walked back to where the cars were. Stopping at the conductor's door he dropped from the top to the entrance. Opening the door he walked in to where the workers were meeting and waiting for him, and for his instructions. Fear and tiredness filled the air and atmosphere as Enmu stepped in. Grinning, he looked at them all.

"There are slayers on board. I want you to kill their spiritual cores and you will be rewarded with sweet dreams, but," he stopped, "if you touch or harm the girl wearing a dark blue haroi that is with the slayers I will make sure you will never get happy dreams. Instead you will be driven mad. Understood~?"

"O..Of c..course m...master!" They all stuttered, beads of sweat falling down their faces.

"Good~" And with that he turned on his heel and walked out, closing the door behind him.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After what seemed like hours of sobbing you pulled out of your mother's grasp. Light headed you took in deep breaths and looked back at the sky.

"This....feels so real." You mumble looking back at your mother.

"It was just a terrible nightmare, Y/n."

"But it felt so real!"

"Hmm...then if this were a dream how would you wake up?"

"I...I don't know." Truth be told you never did know how to get out of a dream if  it was Enmu's doing. You already tried pinching yourself and splashing cold water on your face from the nearby brook nearby. Neither worked. Face dripping from the cool water you turned and walked back your mother.