Preface

FOREVER LUMINESCENT

© All rights reserved.

This is a work of fiction. Names, characters, places and incidents are the product of the author's imagination or used fictitiously, and any resemblance to any actual persons, living or dead, events, or locales is entirely coincidental.

Blurb

"Just shine like you always do."

Gwenn Davidson has always known she was adopted, but after clearing up her stuff for her first move out of her parent's house, she finds an old blanket gifted to her by her birth mother that triggers an avalanche of curiosity. She wants to find her biological family, but with a closed adoption and parents that shut her questions down, she has no clue how. Until she's thrown into Ronan King's direction, the guy with all the connections, who just so happens to be her boss's son.

The two strike a deal with one condition: no one must know they're working together.

But there are eyes everywhere, lurking and waiting to pounce on unsuspecting prey. Gwenn is trapped in a web of lies and blackmail until she questions everything and everyone around her, including herself.

Raw and treacherous, the tale of two souls playing with fire and ice.

Gwenn

Ronan

Ronan

THE FOREVER DIARIES

THE FOREVER DIARIES

Forever Crimson (Book 1)
Forever Luminescent (Book 2)
Forever Enigmatic (Book 3)
Forever Glamorous (Book 4)

OTHER WORKS

The Traitor of Inlustris
Jengibre
Face
Icy Hands
Crescendo

Welcome to the second and final rewrite in this series of stand-alone's, Forever Luminescent. Now this was a journey that did not wait for me to be ready. The story simply took me by the neck and demanded I followed. One tiny fun fact: I started writing this book a day or two after finishing Forever Crimson. The story didn't let me take a break. So here we are.

As I mentioned, this book is a rewrite. The original version was written in 2019, and while I enjoyed parts of it, my writing wasn't where I wanted it to be. Since I was going to rewrite the first book, I decided to add the second one (this one) to the mix, and I am so glad I did.

If you read the first version, then you know there were...lots of questionable prose and scenes. What I did here was take the heart from that original version and made it into something new. The story written back in 2019 is completely different to the one you'll read now, and hopefully you agree that this version is better.

I also want to make a disclaimer. While Gwenn is adopted and wants to find her biological mother, I am not adopted and simply researched people's experiences and the whole process. Though this is a big part of what starts the story, I want to note that the central focus of this book has nothing to do with adoption or being adopted as a whole. The story would look pretty much the same if Gwenn's biological mother had skipped out, passed, or other. This book is about Gwenn trying to understand herself, and lots of lies, betrayal, and secrets. Essentially, I went for a more casual representation approach, if that makes sense, where Gwenn just happens to be adopted.

If you want to read a book about adoption or being adopted, I suggest researching books by writers who either are adopted or professionals and credible people in this topic! You can read this story for the angsty slow-burn and secrets instead.

That said, if there is anything that is simply wrong about the whole Gwenn being adopted part, please give me that feedback and I will edit accordingly!

If you are here because of Forever Enigmatic, thank you so much for stopping by (and reading my other book!). This story is set months before Forever Enigmatic, and there are many, many Easter eggs that point to the story developing right under Gwenn's nose.

If you are here after Forever Crimson, thank you so much for continuing to read The Forever Diaries. In this book, you'll get to see Scarlet, Jake, and even a little cameo from Thomas. This will surely bring a little insight as to how our first couple is doing two years later.

If you are here after Forever Glamorous, you'll have a similar experience to those coming from Forever Enigmatic. You'll get to see Aura...being Aura. (You know how that one's like).

I'm so very grateful that you clicked into my story out of millions out there. I hope you truly enjoy this story the way I enjoyed writing it.

I want to also note that this story is rated Mature, but not for sexual content. (Please note the slowburn tag). This is the run-down of themes that led me to click that Mature button.

Content Warnings

- Manipulation
- Physical abuse
- Mentions of suicide
- Mentions of murder
- Mentions of domestic abuse
- Alcohol use

If there's anything I might've missed on that list, and you catch it in the story, please let me know! And please review these content warnings before diving in. I'd rather you prioritize your health than grow my reader count.

Please note that this book is listed as the second book of the series The Forever Diaries, but it can be read as a stand-alone. You could get fun Easter eggs and foreshadowing if read in order, but you will not miss anything by reading out of order since each book is its unique story.

Anyway, as I have now run out of things to say, I will now lead you into the world of Forever Luminescent where Gwenn Davidson has many questions unanswered and the stubborn will to keep going to get those answers.

Enjoy!

Love,

G