A hell of a day

"That felt very intrusive."

"Huh?" I heard myself say and realized I had been zoned out for most of the drive to Maverick's home. "I'm sorry. I wasn't listening."

"No kidding," he huffed quietly before letting out a long breath. "That felt intrusive. I have no idea who those people are and now I know all of their family business. It's... odd."

I let my mind wonder to the office we had escaped after silent tears, a chewing out of a lifetime, and a simple game plan. Vincent had been shaking the whole time we discussed me getting a hotel with my credit card and waited patiently for Tommy to come and pay a visit. Gio could do nothing but hold his husband as the shock rippled through the room. Emilio had thrown up somewhere through it all not being able to stomach the thought his son was alive and he had done nothing. Sam just cried angrily into his hand.

I had never seen the Mussolini family so... debole: weak.

I could see what Maverick was speaking of and a part of me did feel bad for unwillingly dragging him into more mafia drama. It was unfair to him especially knowing where he stood on my illegal behaviors. How the fuck did Mario and Logan make it work?

"I promise. If you were allowed to be in there, you should feel honored and not awkward," I said after a while and then pulled into the parking garage. Maverick frowned but said nothing as I found a spot close to the elevator. I turned the car off and found myself reaching over the console to cup his cheek.

"I'm sorry I made you're day worse," I found myself saying as his silver eyes ran over my face. "I didn't know someone was gonna come back from the dead and attack me, you have to understand."

Maverick smiled at my teasing voice before kissing my palm that was cupping his face. "I don't think anyone can plan that. Even you," he teased back before his features slowly went somber again. "I'm worried about you. I'm worried about this plan. He almost had you—"

"He most defiantly did not," I scoffed incredulously but his face spoke volumes my voice just could not reach so I shut up.

"He was playing dead so he could get the jump on you. Now, he is the dead son and brother of another mafia gang? I don't like how it feels, Apollo."

"I'll be fine, okay?" I said as I felt my anger rising. I knew he wasn't trying to be a condescending, underestimating piece of shit, but it didn't hurt any less hearing. I had handled myself so many other times and yet he thinks because it's Thomasso Mussolini I should be scared.

Yeah.

Okay.

"Please just let me handle this," I said to him finally and his pink lips opened to argue but I quieted him before any other argument could escape. I just wanted to feel him. Words were hard and I had done a hell of a job on them that day, so I deserved a reward.

"Apollo," Maverick panted against my mouth but I didn't let up and instead reached past him to the lever on his seat and let him lay completely flat before skillfully climbing over so I could settle on top of him. "We are in a parking garage."

"You don't know my family," was my only answer before capturing his lips again and yanking the buckle on his pants undone. He squirmed beneath me but his hands had already found themselves in my hair so I knew he wanted me just as much as I did him. Yeah, there was a bedroom less than five minutes from us, but if i made it into a bed we had already waited so long.

I had to have him.

Car sex it is.

Maverick pulled my shirt over my head and I laughed as it got caught on my hair before helping him pull it the rest Of the way off. His silver eyes began to blaze as they skated down my torso. I saw him lick the corner of his mouth and realized there was a bit of drool there. "It should be illegal to be this fucking hot," he groaned before burying his head right into my chest. The movement shocked me so I kept myself hoisted above him and watched curiously as he licked and kissed ever inch of my pecs before taking a nip at one of my nipples. The sting made me suck air between my teeth in a hiss but immediately he was kissing and rolling the hardened bud between those sinful lips.