Twin Telepathy

Being alone for me is... weird. I guess not alone more like being lonely. I used to pride myself on being the big brother of the group back before I royally fucked up. Ace might have been the oldest in age but I was the oldest by heart. If someone got hurt, I was the first one there. If someone cried, I would kiss the tears away. I didn't really understand being lonely until the day after Ace told everyone what I did.

I became his bitch in a sense. I got the worst job, I lost my title, and so much fucking more degrading shit. The worst part wasn't any of that though. It was having to meet my cousin's eyes and see them doubt me. No longer was I the older brother who took care of them, I was the man who stabbed Ace in the back and tried to get him killed. Mario had taken it pretty hard, Xabirel was disgusted with me and that slowly grew into distrust, and Diana... Di would always love me but I knew she blamed me for our father being killed.

I should have stopped him.

I should have told Ace.

I should have done a lot of things.

I guess that is why I chose to be alone. It was easier hiding out in the corners of the mansion rather than face them all. They were slowly beginning to act normal around me but it wasn't the same. I felt the unease from them. I felt the questions floating around; would I do it again, would I kill them, would I kill myself? They all soured the air around them and it was easier to just... not be there.

Then came Maverick. His father could practically smell the loner on me and he, himself, sensed the space I put between my family and me. He attacked me but even then I could sense he wondered about me. His silver eyes would hold so much anger but in the deep depths of them held concern. His hands would strike me, his anger would flare, but he always asked me if I was okay. I don't even think he realized it up until we fucked.

I think in his own fucked up was...He cared about me— a very foreign concept nowadays.

His words rang in my head a lot since I ran out. If you need to talk, I'm here. Why would I want to talk? The only thing he was good for was the constant hitting. The sex had been... wow— but even then I wasn't going to do it again. His hard exterior cracked afterwards and I saw the emotions clear in his eyes. He cared about me and I think even he didn't want to.

I "used" his dad. I "harassed" him. Im a "loner thug". I'm everything his father probably warned him about when he was a kid.

Fuck.

I walked up to the front door of my sister's home dressed as emo as usual; black jeans, a black ACDC shirt, and my black combat boots that I hadn't laced since I bought them. I had to apologize to Mikey and deal with her wrath eventually and after a long night of no sleep and reliving the way Maverick screamed my name, I really needed my sister. So, I used my key to get in and immediately stopped when I found Diana with her hands on her hips glaring at me from her spot in the front foyer.

Oh, yeah.

She's pissed.

Even without the twin telepathy we had, I could practically the waves of anger rolling off of her.

"Before you—"

"You almost broke my husband's kneecaps," she sneered and even with such a mean face, she was gorgeous. Her curly hair was piled into a messy bun on her head, she didn't have make-up on but the cute sundress she was wearing still managed to take my breath away.

Please don't be mad...

"Don't you start with me, Apollo. You knew I was mad as soon as you ran from him," she said as if she read my mind, which... wouldn't be so far fetched. We felt each other on a deeper level. When she had cravings, I had cravings. When she cramped, I cramped. I had been getting period symptoms since we turned twelve and let me tell you... even with just the symptoms I wanted to die. Mom always said we had a twin bond that would lock us together forever and we used to laugh it off up until we began to scrape our knees and the other would feel it.