Date

I really never understood the concept of dates. You like someone so you take them out in public in order to... what? Show off? The date goes well and then... another one?

It just seems pointless.

An endless cycle, if you will.

Maverick, however, made me want to at least attempt at the mediocrity known as dating in order to gain his affection. Well... affection and sex. God, the sex! It's earth shattering every time I have even a piece of his body against mine. Just thinking about why his mouth had done to me earlier in the day made me want to drive all the way back to the hospital just to finish.

And yet...

I told him we could finish later and then the idea of a date came to play. I've never been the romantic type... it's always been fake charm I've slapped on in order to make the means come to an end. I didn't want to do that with Maverick though. I wanted to try. I emphasize the "try" in order to make sure everyone knows, my attempt at taking this man for a date isn't going to end well.

I know me.

Ugh.

I walked through the Lazzaratti mansion doors and immediately stopped when I found Callum underneath two toddler girls; one being Jordania with her black curls and big green eyes closed in delight as her new sister, Adriana, held down Callum and attempted to slap lipstick on him with her blonde curls falling out of a messy ponytail. Both of the evil children turned towards me when they heard the door close and grinned.

Even better.

"Uncle Polly!" Jordi screamer before leaving her post holding Callum's legs down to come and tackle my own in a hug. Adriana was soon tossed off by the elder before she ran towards me and hugged me too. "Cal won't wear the lipstick!"

I looked over at the future Cappo who was panting on the floor with a distressed look in his eyes, his blonde curls braided back into a messy bun and his blue eyes sparkling with a bit of fear as the two demon children giggled. I turned to look down at the children and gave a small smile. "Callum isn't a Barbie doll, sí?" I began before motioning for Cal to run, which he quickly did. "Why don't you guys go play in the backyard?"

"But—" Jordi began but I put my hand over her mouth.

"Outside," I said and both girls huffed and ran off. I rolled my eyes at the antics of the two girls and continued on to find Ace so I could give him his drugs... and maybe some advice on how to go about planning a date.

"Apollo?" I heard from the top of the stairs and looked up to see Logan O'Neal walking down them. His blonde hair was gelled back from his face and he wore his tight police uniform which made me turn up my nose. Out of all of the men my cousin could have found... he found a cop.

Brilliant.

"Hello, Logan," I said before trying to walk past him only for the big, blonde, bear to step in front of me. I rolled my eyes as subtly as I could because we both knew I didn't like him, before meeting his eyes. "Can I help you?"

And on came the charm. "I was just wondering how you were," Logan said with a dimples smile that reeked of happiness and sunshine. "I know you aren't a fan of me—" that's putting it lightly— "but I want to work on that."

Of course you do.

"I'm fine," I said with no hint of emotion.

Logan just smiled and nodded before wrapping his arm around my shoulders and guiding us up the stairs. "I heard you have a boyfriend," he said and I actually choked. His laugh sounded like a warm breeze blowing through the summer trees and it made me want to puke. How is he this perfect? Isn't there laws in place for this shit?