We don't have time for this

Happy Valentine's Day ❤️

I hope you guys had a day full of love, connection, and positive energy.

If no one has said it today— I love you and you're my Valentine, boo ❤️

Here's my gift lol it's short but I got it done!

~Reg(;
——————————

Maverick and I were sitting in the living room of his brother house the day after we captured Tommy and updated the family. William was making breakfast for us as the sound of soft classical music filled the huge home. Maverick hadn't left my side since I had made it to the house. It was nice but also I knew it was because he was scared which was more off putting then I would like to admit.

"Did Bree say when the footmen would get here?" Maverick asked suddenly as he looked up from his Spider-Man comic book he was reading. I smiled at his messy black hair and thick framed glasses. He always seemed to make me happy just by existing.

I cleared my throat. "Yeah, he said sometime this morning," I answered and just then William came in with the breakfast sandwiches he made. He set the plate down in front of us and crossed his legs as he sat down on the couch across from us. "Thank you again for letting us stay here."

William smiled but in his eyes I could see he was hiding something. He had been in a almost manic state of clean, cook, and repeat ever since I told him that Bree had gotten us help from the Mussolini footmen. William had looked sick to his stomach for about one second before a smile ripped across his face. Ever since, he had been acting odd from what I usually knew of him. "Of course. I've always wondered how the mafia worked and now I get a up close and personal display," he said as he grabbed a sandwich. "You said the Mussolini footmen would be here?"

I nodded curiously. "Yeah."

"Do you know who?" He pressed.

I shook my head. "Bree said they would all come probably. I know there are the two meatheads, the metal head punk star, the jock and two brothers."

William nodded as he sucked his teeth. "Interesting."

"Are you scared of the Mussolini family?" I asked curiously.

"No, just curious."

Maverick looked at his brother even more curious than I but didn't say anything. Ever since I told William I would be getting help from the Mussolini family, he had completely changed his tune. The conversation with his brother from the car seemed miles away and all that mattered was being a good host for us. It didn't make sense but I left it alone and chalked it up to his mind ninja skills.

Maverick looked at the clock on the wall and sighed as he closed his comic book. "I need to take a shower before anyone gets here," he said and my attention was immediately on him. "You think I have enough time, Apollo?"

Plenty. "Yeah, I'll come up with," I said quickly. I ignored Williams knowing look and subtle laugh and followed Maverick up the stairs as he prattled on about how his father had tried calling him all night. Apparently, The calls had stopped this morning when Ace reached out and let Jaxon know if he wanted his son he could go through him.

I knew it infuriated the older doctor but I was only concerned about Maverick. He was scared and not just of the threat Tommy brought. Him ignoring his father was probably the most rebellious thing he had ever done even if it was for both of their own good. We had already dragged William into it, his father would be a thorn in the neck knowing I was screwing his son and also that he was in danger because of it. It was better to leave him in the dark and it also helped to keep Maverick out of his grip for a while.