The Growth and Change

"Ace, will you please just talk to me for five fucking minutes!?" I snapped as I followed my cousins around Sephora. I had followed him to the damn store and he knew that. Now, he's making me follow him around the damn store because he's a petty bitch. "I don't know who else to talk to about this!"

Ace gave me the side eye but I knew he was interested in what I needed to talk to him about. I never would have followed him if it wasn't important especially after our little love spat. He knew that. I knew that. He might want to act like he's just my boss but he was my cousin first.

"Ace!"

"I have nothing to say to you," he sassed as he grabbed a glitter eyeshadow palette.

"It's sex related," I whispered finally and boy did that get his attention. Ace whipped around and sparkles practically flew off of him like some kind of anime character as he grinned. The innocent looking man in a black cropped hoodie and matching cargo pants became a sexual deviant in a second. "Wait—"

"I knew you fucking liked him!"

"I didn't say— stop with that face. It's creepy!" I snapped at his dirty grin.

His grin just grew. "I fucking knew it. Ha! Ha! Ha! You cock sucker," he cheered before dropping a few eyeliners in his basket. Some people were staring over at us but Ace seemed oblivious. "And you said love made you weak."

"Alright, stop it," I huffed. "I didn't say I was in love with him, Ace. I said we fucked. That's it's."

"But, if you didn't like him you would have come to mwah," he said as he placed his hand on his chest. Seriously, he's the embodiment of an anime character; all that's missing is the colorful hair and expression bubbles. God.

"We went on a date yesterday and—"

"YOU BITCH!" My cousin screamed and I ducked my head down behind one of the make-up displays as people stared over at us, this time not even trying to hide it anymore. "I swear to god! You tell me nothing, you stupid cagna!"

"Lower your voice," I hissed like a snake, poking my head out so I could see if anyone was still staring.

They were.

"You're an asshole!" He huffed upset. "I stripped your name to teach you a lesson but I didn't think you'd actually go out and date the guy! This is exciting and angering!"

I rolled my eyes. "You stripped my name to be an asshole. I ended up going to the bar and getting fucked up, Mikey tried to take me home, I ran, stopped to throw my guts up, passed out I'm an alley when someone tried to help me, woke up in a random house, turns out it was Maverick, we ate breakfast, argued, and then we screwed," I said in one long breath, "I left and thought that would be it but Diana made me feel bad so I bought him some flowers, he asked me on a date, we went in the date, and I fucked that up. I ran when he started asking questions and now... I have been avoiding him for the last three days."

Ace scoffed. "Well that explains why my drugs haven't been getting delivered."

"Did you hear anything I just said?"

"Yeah you boned the doctor and then tried to date him but you're too stuck up your own ass to realize he wants to buy some property there," he said and I threw my hands up. Would it kill him to have some tact? "Apollo, out of all of us, you're the one I thought would be the first to settle down."

That made me laugh. "Yeah, right."

"No seriously," he said as he grabbed another three eyeshadow pallets. "You have always been level headed, good with words, and you have a smile that could melt the sun. I thought with all of that, you'd be the one married first."