Chapter 1

“Jordan… … …JORDAN… …IT’S TIME TO WAKE UP!” I woke up to my mom screaming. Which is weird because I was living with my grandma at the moment as it was the weekend, so why would she be here? I sit up and see my mom looking at me with some clothes in hand, but the strange thing is that she looks like she is from an anime and that leaves me confused.

“It's time to get up, Jordan. Isn’t this your important day, don't you remember?” She says smiling.
“What's today again,” I say, confused as to what she means.
“Today's the day you start your Pokémon journey, remember. I keep forgetting that you take forever to wake up mentally.” she says with a laugh. Ok, hold up, rewind that, “Pokémon journey”, is she for real?
I was about to ask if she was ok when I look around my room and I see Pokémon posters, plushies, and figures everywhere. Normally, I have anime posters everywhere along with figures along with a few Pokémon plushies, but now it's just exclusively Pokémon.
I decide to see how this goes, I get dressed into a gray short sleeve shirt with a teal jacket on and with blue jeans. I get to the bathroom and I notice my appearance. My long brown hair that went past my waist only goes a bit past my shoulders and my height is still the same, aka 5’2. I go down the stairs that weren't there at my old house.

I get down, and I want to scream as there is a Growlithe on the couch along with my dad. “Hi Jordan, I'm so excited for you! Have fun! I will miss you though, I hope you come back soon with some new friends though.” The Growlithe says, running up to me with its tail wagging. I want to look at my parents to see if they hear this, but they don't seem to notice. 
Ok, so this isn't some kind of dream as I can feel the Growlithe on my leg, and as I pet it, and it appears I'm able to understand Pokémon like N from Unova. Oh boy, great.
“My baby girl is growing up so fast.” my dad says with a smile as he hugs me.
“Thanks, daddy, but I need to go before all the Pokémon are gone!” I say once he lets me go. My mom walks over with a backpack and some potions and some healing items that she puts into the backpack.
“I packed the essentials well, call us when you get to Viridian City.” She says. I smile up at her.

“I will, mom don't worry gotta go later guys, love you,” I say as I run out.
“Love you Jordan, have fun!”
“Be safe!” they say as they wave. I run down a single path and I can see the professor’s house.
Pallet Town. As I walk down the sidewalk, I begin to steadily notice that the anime version and even the video game version is so much smaller than this. I’ve been walking for quite some time, by now. I hope I’m not gonna run late. It makes me wonder what those big-shot cities like Saffron, or Goldenrod would be like walking.
During my thoughts, I stop thinking about practical. Please. I’m in a world where magical animals fight. Where’s practical? I begin to think about Pokémon.
I wonder if I will get an actual starter, or something else. If this follows the anime, then Gary will get Squirtle, but we don't know why got the other two. I might also be taking Ash's place right now, who knows. I rush to the lab’s front door, and I see Gary. I soon had to do a double-take, as for some reason, PAUL IS HERE! How, or why he is here, I have no idea. I wonder if I'm in an alternate universe where he is from Kanto. I do remember him saying that he competed in the Indigo League. I decide not to question it.

Gary looks up and sees me. “Hey Jordan, I see you’re here to pick up your starter as well?” Gary says, waving at me.
“Yep, my mom made sure I didn't oversleep,” I say, rubbing the back of my head.
“Yeah, she has always been one for being on time. I don't see Ash anywhere, though I bet he overslept, knowing him.” Gary says, shrugging his shoulders.
“Hmph,” the two turn to Paul, “of course he would.” Paul says with an eye roll and that ever so present scowl on his face. Huh, I wonder if Paul knows Ash in this universe and I also wonder what we are to each other like childhood friends or something. 
“So, Jordan, have you decided who you're gonna pick?” Gary says. We’ve been waiting for the professor for a while now.
“Nope not really, I mean I have a few ideas,” the two wait for the “but”. “but I have always been bad at picking.” I amend sheepishly. Gary is about to say something, or even laugh when the door opens and Mr. Professor Oak himself is there, looking all professorly.

“Ah, good to see you guys are here on time.” He says, looking down at us with a smile. He gestures us inside, and we go inside, and on the capsule thing that appears in the episode, they are three pokéballs. Oh man, my anxiety is acting up now. choices… who do I pick? I know Gary gets Squirtle and Ash gets Pikachu, but I wonder if Paul has his Turtwig already. 
“Here we are in here, these will be your future partners for your journey,” Oak says, gesturing to the table. “have you already made your decisions on whom you will pick?” Oak asks curiously.
“Yep, I already know who I'm going to pick. I choose Squirtle” Gary says confidently. The only thing missing were spotlights and an audience. Well, he sure has an audience, I begin to think. Oak nods and hands him the pokéball, and Gary lets out the tiny turtle Pokémon.
Hi, there! I'm Squirtle! I am so happy you chose me.” it says happily as Gary picks it up.
“Alright, you and I are going to win the league together!” Gary whispers while smiling, before returning Squirtle to its pokéball.
Paul is next. “I already have my Turtwig. I don't need another Pokémon.” Paul says. I notice his voice holds a respect for the professor. I mean, it’s Professor Frigging Oak!
“What about you, young Jordan, what Pokémon have you decided on?” Oak asks me.
Whoo boy, who do I pick? Charmander, or Bulbasaur? From a logic standpoint, Charmander wouldn’t be good for the first two gyms, but Charizard is a fan favorite. But Bulbasaur doesn't get enough love and is great for the first two gyms. I decide to just go with my heart. “I have decided to choose-”
To be continued