⟶ shifting secrets

please comment, vote, and react!

+

+

+

𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚙𝚊𝚜𝚝.

+

JOSIE CAN PINPOINT THE EXACT MOMENT HER FEELINGS ABOUT MATTHEW MURDOCK COMPLETELY SHIFTED.

She was 15 years old. He was 16.

It's June. She's in a dark green t-shirt and some old purple athletic shorts. And she's alone. With Matty.

Sister Maggie, Sister Amy, and Sister Sarah had all brought the younger children to the zoo for the day. They'd left a few hours before, and shortly after them, the rest of the Sisters shuffled out to run some errands.

"Finally free from the clutches of the sisters," Josie relishes as she drags Matt into the kitchen. Her hand is wrapped in his as she pulls him along.

Matthew is smiling lazily, and it's like he's purposely lagging behind so Josie's hand will have to hold his tighter.

(And there's nothing romantic about this. Since Josie made it a habit to sneak into Matt's room during his nightmares, she's becomes an exception to his aversion to touch. Matt, though usually irritated by people grabbing him, always let Josie take his hand or tap his shoulder. For some reason, it was more comforting than overwhelming when it was Josie.)

"And what are we supposed to do with the time?" he muses as Josie sits him in a chair.

"I don't know," she admits, plopping down in her own chair, across from him. Her eyes flicker over to the window in the corner of the kitchen, where the rays of the sun are spilling in, lighting the room a soft gold. "Relax, maybe?"

Matthew laughs at this. "I can't remember the last time you were relaxed. Honestly, Jo," he teases. "Have you ever been relaxed?"

"It was before I ever met you," she plays, her eyes skipping back to focus, landing right on Matt.

She loses her thoughts, for a second. Her words slip past her tongue. And her breathe evades her.

Matthew Murdock is sitting there. And he's nothing out of the usual — he's got that baggy blue t-shirt on with pilling black sweatpants. But there's something that strikes Josie so aggressively, it's like she's just been jolted awake from a bad dream.