⟶ redirection

please comment, vote, and react!

+

+

+

𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚙𝚊𝚜𝚝.

+

BEN POINDEXTER IS EVERYTHING MATTHEW MURDOCK WAS NOT.

For starters — he's into Josie.

      Whereas Matthew Murdock never took a second look at Josie Alistar (ironic, yeah), it's all Ben does — he's got those baby blue eyes that are always trained to her, and that sharp grin that's reserved for her jokes only.

      And he's organized. Predictable. He never misses dates or messes up times with her. Ben Poindexter works on schedules and patterns and rhythms, and Josie, in all her chaotic scrambling mess, adores it.

      It's stable. It's comfortable. It's safe.

      He's so perfect Josie is concerned he's almost too perfect — like right now. On the couch of Josie's apartment, a bowl of buttery popcorn in between them.

      Ben flashes his eyes over to Josie. The attention is so abrupt that she nearly jumps.

       Ben's lip quirks. "What are you looking at?"

      Those piercing eyes hit her, and Josie can't stop herself from admitting, "You."

      Her face goes red, instantly. Josie Alistar can't fucking believe she said that, and the fact that Ben breaks into a shit-eating grin does not help.

      "Fuck," Josie mutters. "Ignore that. Oh my God."

      Usually, when Josie said stupid things, she was half drunk. And usually, she said them to Matthew Murdock, and usually, she blamed it on the alcohol.

       But Ben Poindexter doesn't drink, so Josie doesn't even have a good excuse.

      "Yeah?"

       Josie rolls her eyes, suppressing the urge to yell, "shut up!" — because she might potentially have feelings for him, but they're not that close yet.