⟶ bullets at the bulletin

please comment, vote, and react!

+

+

+

𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚙𝚊𝚜𝚝.

+

March 19th.

Josie's 19th birthday! Golden birthday, she tacks on every time Matt or Foggy mention it. Golden like the sun, like her eyeshadow, and like the short, sparkly dress she's wearing.

       Golden, like the warm streetlight above her, warming Matthew Murdock's face, tinting against his black glasses.

       "You must be really drunk," Foggy laughs out, and Josie pulls her eyes away from Matt to look over at him. "You should see the way you're looking right now. All lost puppy dog. Wanna tell Matt you're his bestest friend?"

       "Sure!" Josie agrees, happily. She tightens her hold around Matt's arm — he's pretty much the only thing keeping her upright, which is literally, the blind leading the drunk. "You're my bestest friend, Matty."

      Matt gives her a tight smile, wrapping his arm around her a little more firmly. "Glad to hear it, Jo."

       Matthew Murdock had 3 rules when it came to Josie's 19th birthday present. 1) never tell Father Lantom or any of the sisters that he's agreed to take her to a frat party. 2) do not leave his or Foggy's hold and/or sight. 3) do not drink anything.

       1 and 2 were simple enough — first, Josie would never admit to such holy and righteous people anything she did wrong (unless it was confession!), so Murdock did not have to worry about that. Second... Josie literally did not want to be anywhere Matt Murdock wasn't. He was like her guiding point, her north star, her favorite person...

        Which, right about now, she's pretty much drunk enough to admit. Thus, the fall of rule 3 — Josie downed the contents of Foggy's red solo cup the second he looked away, and right when Matt started to scold her, she chugged down his drink, too.

       It didn't get much better from there.

      Not for Matt, at least — Josie was having the time of her life.