Compairing x to x Greatness

I smiled at the ceiling, its blank pastel white paintjob. I would say its blank, but it's not entirely. There were strung up fairy light above me and two paint pressed hands marked on the celing, one blue and one green one. When Killua and I were 5, i met him in the park. He was shy and hesitant, but I found that cute and wanted to befriend him after a week, I talked him into our first sleepover and Aunt Mito let us commemorate it with a paint-mark from our small 5 year old hands covered in paint. I lined my hand up against the bottom of my old print, my hand so much bigger now. I hear a knock at my front door, and I sit up quickly in excitement. Killua?

I open the door and killua smiled at me and I pulled him close and hugged him tightly- "Killuaaa- I missed youuuu-" I whined and he sighed and hugged me back.

"I saw you in class yesterday- and this morning walking to school-" he reminded me. I giggled and unclinged from him, still holding his hand and lead him to the beanbag. He sat down and I did too next to him, still holding his hand. "Gon- you idiot, my hand-" he reminded again but I just smiled and squeezed his hand softly. He sighed and I hugged onto his arm, in response he blushed slightly; I think, and pat my head awkwardly with his hand.

"Killua- question!" I say, and he lifted up one of his brows in question. "Do you like Chat Noir or Ladybug better?" I inquire, and he rolls his eyes.

"Do I really have to respond? Ladybug is energetic, overprotective, teasing, and stubborn as hell." "Hey-!" I huffed at him, he raised his brow again as to why I sounded so miffed. "Ladybugs kind of cool though, like I dont know its just like a friend that's annoying but you dont want him to leave." He murmured out, and I felt a bit better.

"What about Chat?" I say excitedly, wanting to know how my best friend thought about him. He seems genuinely annoyed and answered, "Him? It's just a boring old boy in a cat suit- dumb costumes..." I gasped loudly and slapped killua across his face, "Killua-! That's rude!! Chat Noir is a great person!" I growl at him, and he gently put his hand to where I slapped him. "Did.. you just hit me..?" He said quietly, and I freeze. "Oh- oh no no I'm sorry killua-" I apologize, grabbing killuas hands and holding them near my chest. "I didn't mean to-!" I say worriedly, did I hurt him?? He already gets hit at home- did I make it worse?

"... relax gon. I trust you" he confirmed quietly and leaned his forehead against mine, and the pressure in my throat subsides and I smiled out of relief. "I know you were just fooling around, its fine." He said softly, and I quietly look into his beautiful azure eyes, and a faint rose blush scattered across my cheeks as he met my gaze. The tension from staring into eachothers eyes made my stomach flutter, he's close- too close. But I can't push him away, my body in some sort of shock. Then, I couldnt stop my face lean in towards Killuas, who looked like leaned in for a second, but then snapped his head back before our lips touched. His entire face grew a violent crimson red as he looked away clenching the beanbags fabric under us.

I stay where I am, looking at him curiously. What did I do wrong? "Hey Killua- what's wrong?" I inquire, scooting towards him and get closer to his face again. He just looked away quickly, what? What am I doing wrong? Oh wait, maybe he doesn't want me to be near him? I take the hint and give him a hug before I crawled into my bed to give him space. I crawled under the blanket and got comfy. After a couple minutes, I saw Killua climb onto the bed and lay down next to me, on top of the sheets. I return the look, turning over to stare him in the eyes. Killuas so pretty.

".. Uh.. Gon can I ask you something..?" He said quietly, putting his cold pale hand on my cheek. I gently place my own hand ontop of his on my face, "of course killu", I smiled at him, and he looked down, "i.. well untill I tell you, do you um... like anyone?" He murmured to himself, and I tilt my head, "I like everyone killua-" I giggle at him, and he got slightly more blushed, somehow. "N-no not like that! I mean like... romanticly." He said, his cute stuttering made my heart flutter and I just smiled at him, "Well, I do kind of- you know Chat Noir? I... I might have a crush on him..!" I smiled giddily and looked away. I glanced over at him and Killua just looked shocked and his blush dissapeared some from his face.

"You like... him?" He said slowly, and I pout at that, "Of course! He's so cool-! And his eyes are like royal jewels, shimmering pools of liquid moonlight gathered in a sapphire bowl-! Like you-" I pause at that, that's odd- I need to drop comparing them. I gently brush my hand against his cheek and he smiled quietly. "So, you like the skintight leather suit?" He teased and I gasped, "Hey- well who's your crush then, huh??" He paused and looked away blushing again, "its... someone..," he murmured to himself. I felt my heart sknk at that- he... has a crush..? Well- I know its fair because I have a crush but... why does it hurt so hard to hear my best friend does too..?