十二

Power was resting her chin on Y/N's shoulder comfortably. Aki held the necklace-like object higher in the air.

"The devil is hiding somewhere inside this hotel. And not your average devil, either." Said Aki.

The string started swinging forward towards the building.

"The gun devil's fragment is being drawn to it. That means it's a devil that has eaten a fragment." explained Aki.

Denji just exclaimed loudly, "Isn't that supposed ta mean the gun devil's here?"

Aki looked over and explained that the larger the fragment, stronger the attraction and that the one that they had was to small of it.

Power shouted that she wanted to hold it.

The raven haired man turned his body a bit to look at his housemates. He asked in monotoned voice, "You two... where are your manners? Y/N is the only one out of the three of you who knows her place."

"THE FUCK ARE YOU, MY MOM?! WHY SHIULD I? AND DON'T YOU DARE BRING Y/N INTO THIS!!" yelled Denji.

Power shouted on how humans are arrogant fools. Aki then pulled out three packs of gum for them. Denji and Power calmly called him sir. Aki agreed to give them the gum and the three of them shuffled over to him.

One of the other people in the small group asked in a gruff voice, "Mr. Hayakawa, as people who are supposed to fight together against a devil... is it really okay to be trusting our backs to them?"

"One's a devilman and other... the blonde is a little punk and the h/c haired one is special. I can't trust the other two... but the other one is fine." explained Aki.

"And we're not going to be leaving our backs to them." sighed Aki as he continued.

He explained that they will just be leading the way during the devil extermination and that if they run away or side with the devils then the others can kill the three.

"Aren't you just treating us like animals?" asked Power, her mouth full of gum and still leaning on Y/N's shoulder.

"You three don't have any human rights!" outbursts Aki.

Denji whispered in Y/N and Power's ears, "He's realllly mad. Probably 'cause of this morning..."

Y/N whispered back in a soft voice, "That prank you guys pulled was pretty bad..."

Aki looked at Power and Denji in anger and screamed about killing them.

One of the woman with a eyepatch on her right eye asked what happened.

"Aki, it's a bit mean if you're only swinging the stick." exclaimed the woman.

Denji then yelled out in anger, "Yeah! I almost died cause of that bat, and I'm already getting dragged back to work! Where's my reward?!"

The woman with the eyepatch sprang up in excitement and announced with happiness, "Alright, I'll pitch in too! I'll give whoever kills the devil this time... a kiss on the cheek!"

Y/N looked at her with a curious look. They decided that they might as well try to get it. They looked over and saw a large group of harpies, kitsune and a human sized creature that resembles a old man. From what small information Y/N did have, they knew that-that creature is a shinigami. They asked them to come and help them and their team when they ask. The creatures just looked at them with a curious face and went back to whatever they were doing before the interruption.

The man that was criticizing  the others from earlier face's lit up into a bright red color and exclaimed, "That's! You shouldn't do something like that! An unmarried maiden doing such a  lewd act..."

The black haired women put layed and put most of her weight onto the smaller person and explained that people worked harder if there was an award.

"I don't need a kiss... it's fine... I've got my motivation already." sighed Denji, placing his arm on his opposite shoulder.

"I already decided who I want for my first kiss. If I have to gather these fragments and protect them or whatever else they want for them... I ain't kissing anyone 'til I murder the gun devil." continued Denji with his usual dazed look.

Aki sweated uncomfortably.

Y/N then pops in and says, "In any other sense, doing sexy stuff only feels good because both sides understand each other. I don't even know your name, so I don't know if I even want your lips on me."

The woman then hopped over and hugged the shorter one's neck and whispered in their ear, "Then, if you kill the devil, Y/N... I'll give you a French kiss."

'Fuck yes.' thought Y/N.

--------------------------------------------------------------

All of the devil hunters, in their black suits, walked briskly in the hallway.

The eldest woman there, which Y/N learned who's name is Himeno, exclaimed on how she loves teasing others. A shorter girl with a low, small, bun was working on what to do and Power... being the mood that she is... muttered on how she wants blood.

Denji stood in farthest of the group, gripping harshly on his axe. The person who he was talking about earlier was obviously Y/N. He had an itching feeling of wanting to chop Himeno's head right off, but he was restraining himself, worried of what will happen if he does.

A bit farther up front, Y/N and Arai were racing to find the devil as quickly as they could. Suddenly, Arai slammed his body against the wall and yelled angrily, "I owe Himeno for training me up for half a year. If some punk out nowhere's going to steal her lips, then I'll take a kiss on the cheek!"

Y/N stuck their tongue out and yelled back in their loudest voice, "Quit chasing me you dick twitch! You're makin' me sick from the smell of your nasty-ass hair! And don't you dare try to compare me to you, ass!"

Meanwhile, Aki asked Himeno if the new recruits will be usable.

"Arai's a bit lacking in ability, but feels like he's got enough motivation. On the other hand, Kobeni's a bit reserved and tentative, but she can move pretty well. What about yours?" replied Himeno.

"The blood devilman man is strong, but she's got a short fuse. There's still a chance she might betray us. And there're still too many uncertainties with Denji. Hard to say. But then there's Y/N... I haven't seen their ability in the battlefield yet but what I have seen is that they are extremely capable if they can keep Denji and Power under control." explained Aki.

"These five rookies... do you think they'll survive?" asked Himeno.

After talking for a few more minutes, the seven people came up to a certain part of the hallway and suddenly, Himeno announced, "Aki... it's coming."

Suddenly, a door creaked wide open and a small head with a hand and foot sticking out of it's body/head.

It then gave the seven devil hunters the stink eye.

_________________________________________

Thanks for reading and 1k reads!