Chapter 11: In the Midst of Demons

Totally unedited forgive any typos or grammatical error. Autocorrect.

|HOLLY|

Puerta del Sol, Madrid
March 2015

"Dance!"

"Dance!"

"Dance!"

Here I am, standing in front of of the congregation of vampires, my throat feeling sore as the men stared at me like a piece of meat. He curtains of red draped down to cover the unappealing peeling of wood and the poor lighting system. I could even smell the musk of sex and blood from this stage and I've been itching to get out of this place as soon as possible.

Clad in nothing but my extra sexy underwear covered by lace and bells the women from the back stage; my hair is pulled back in a high ponytail and the simple rouge I did back at the place is now replaced by an exotic one, one I would be caught dead wearing it.

Now, how did I come to this?

It started with that stupid, stupid bet, I say.

Four hours ago, Calvin and I left the house, closing the door behind us, my plan now in action. I hitched the small bag up my shoulders as I waited for him to lock up. The moon is high up the skies and I breathed in the foreign air, surprised that I didn't smell too much pollution in the area.

"What do you want to visit first?"

I thought for a bit. Now maybe the teasing could wait for a while. We walked before reaching the highway, just the two of us under the comfortable silence. In the middle of the walk, Calvin managed to wrap his arms around me and I succumbed to his intentions. I was blushing so hard until we continued walking down the Main Street, eventually seeing the people multiply until we reached the museum closest to our street, the Casa de Correos.

Again, I marveled at the amazing architecture and the tourists still out in this time of night, taking random pictures. "Why didn't we bring a camera?" I asked as Calvin trailed behind me, looking around as well.

"Why do we need a camera again?"

I frowned at that."So I could at least save a few memories in Madrid. You know, I can only go here once."

He stared at me open mouthed and I raised my eyebrows at him. "What?"

"You're damned crazy," he said as he shook his head. "I can take you here as much as you want. You don't need a camera, if you miss this place just tell me and I'd have it arranged in a heartbeat. Your belief in me is almost too disappointing."

"Yes, I get that. Because you're rich. I know," I said sarcastically as I sat down on the steps of the museum and stared at him. "It's...not the place, Calvin. It's the memories, I'm trying to save. It's just...maybe...the next time you or I go here..."

"We might not be together anymore," he finished and I nodded. His face is a devoid of emotion and I don't know whether he was disappointed or relieved by it. I hesitated before continuing. He did suggest the divorce, right? Even with revenge in mind, I want to preserve something of him.

"That's...why I want to preserve memories."

We stayed silent for a while, just watching people cross by and walk past us until Calvin grabbed me by the arm and pulled me up. The next thing I knew, I was holding a Sony DSLR he just bought in a nearby shop. The two of us sat on the museum steps and read the instruction sheet all the while, looking like idiots. Why couldn't he have bought a digital camera? Or a cellphone with a camera?! He just needs to buy the most complicated ones.