Chapter 16: Home

|HOLLY|

University of Winchester of Europe(UWE), Winchester
June 2015

"Ms. Greener... Ms. Greener!"

I snapped my gaze at the man standing before everyone, looking amused at my lack of attention. My eyes widened as I realized he was calling out to me, I straightened my back and swallowed hard as he smiled at me, pointing at the written words in the large black boards.

"Y-Yes, professor McConory? Pardon, I was...writing."

"I asked you what can you say about the country's GNP and the effect of it in export products as of 2015 in regards to our topic for today."

I stood up and awkwardly pulled on my large button up shirt that hides my baby bump well. A few of the students snickered at my under vigilance and I almost pouted at it. Snap out of it, Holly, you're not in some freaking high school. This is college! I took a large gulp of air before answering his question, explaining the principle behind the act and the benefits of it in the country.

Professor McConory just smiled and nodded as I answered the question correctly. Sitting down, I blew a breath and continued staring at my notebook. Feeling lazy, I looked out of the window and stared at nothing in particular. Why I'm here, you ask? Well, Calvin and I had a long conversation about that.

Two weeks ago, we arrived at the Winchester palace, looking beaten up and tired. Gustav was waiting for us by the stairs, greeting us with a warm smile. He didn't, however, expect the warm welcome. The moment the car stopped, I stepped outside, fuming. Calvin groaned and stepped out of the car, his dark suit stretching as he raised his hands in mock arrest showing me he meant no harm.

"Holly, listen to me--"

"No you lying, cheating pig!" I shouted at him which made Gustav jump at the tone. "You will either give me what I want or so help me, you're sleeping anywhere near me!"

Calvin's jaw dropped to the ground. "This is my castle! I get to say what happens here!"

"And I am the lady of Winchester! The mother of your child. You either enroll me to the nearest community college or else!"

"My lady," Gustav murmured as he sent me a questioning glance. I sighed and smiled at him. "Hi, Gustav! I missed you and Leo!" I said as I grabbed his hand and squeezed hard. I nodded at Leo who stepped down the grand stairs, eyebrows raised at the drama unfolding at seven in the morning. I smirked at Leo too and was to offer a greeting when Calvin spoke again.

"Holly, please," he whined, sounding like a ten year old child. "You can't. It's the stress! You might endanger the baby and yourself! Do you know how dangerous it is out there? Please listen to me..."

"You think it isn't dangerous here?" I asked, raising my eyebrows at him. Crossing my arms, I walked towards him and jabbed his chest with a finger. "May I just remind you how you blatantly cheated to me and broke my heart just like that? Didn't you offer anything just so I could forgive you? All I'm asking for is this, Calvin! I just...want to be legible enough for the position."

Calvin bit the inside of his cheek and looked away. He's losing, I could tell. "You are legible, Holly. If you aren't, I'm going to shove it in their asses. I just want you safe, goddamnit."

"And I just want to experience this, Calvin. Please?" I asked as I grabbed his arm and squeezed. I could feel Gustav staring at us wide eyed and Leo who stared at us funny. Calvin through the for a while but he hardened his gaze and shook his head.

"No, Holly. I'm very concerned about your health and--"

Fùck this. I'm going to bring out the big guns, then. I stood on my tip toes and kissed Calvin on the lips, stopping him mid sentence. "I'm going to give you a good time..."