Chapter 23: Acceptance and Betrayals

|HOLLY|

Unnamed pack, Texas
June 2015

I crept back to the bedroom after crying my eyes out and cried for Calvin in my mind. Instead of walking to the bed, I just grabbed the blanket and wrapped myself on it before settling on the corner of the bedroom, telling myself Harley couldn't have done that to me.

...I'm serious about the other things I've said. I will claim you and you will be Luna...

...I will claim you...

...you will be Luna...

I shut my eyes and tried to drown the words but it was to no avail. I even tried banging my head on the walls to rid of the memories but I couldn't. What's happening to him? Maybe something is wrong? I believe that Harley must be convinced by someone that taking me is for the better good. That must be it...

But what if it isn't?

I took a deep breath and snuggled on the white bed sheet, watching the sun set on the horizon of the window. I sat there as the hours went by, thinking and crying about Harley and the heinous act he almost committed. He almost raped me. I shuddered at the thought and buried my face on the covers, muffling my screams. Harley couldn't...

Still, at some point of my thinking, I somehow convinced myself that maybe he could. After all, Calvin did warn me about him. Oh my god, Calvin warned me about him. I remember that time we had a car ride and he said that Harley is in love with me and I was too naive to consider he'd just respect my decisions to be with the man I love. Maybe he didn't really respect my decision? Maybe he really was scheming under that calm and accepting behavior he showed me.

Or maybe it was my fault. I should have known every alpha is territorial, they wouldn't let go of anything or anyone they set their eyes on. I was too lost in the world where Harley will just accept everything; maybe I shouldn't have forced him to the wedding and the times that Calvin and I were together. Maybe it was my fault...

It was my fault.

For the rest of the day, I did nothing but to stare out of the window wishing this was all a dream. Maybe when I got tired enough, I would fall asleep and wake up in Calvin's bed wrapped in his arms and wake up to breakfast. Or maybe the moment I wake up, I will be back on Farcaster's pack house with Linda and everything was just a dream. Meeting Calvin, meeting Gustav, Harley...

Falling in love.

Maybe, as I stared out of the window, I convinced myself it was also a dream. The life I was living was a sad dream that I wouldn't want to wake up from. Unfortunately, as the sun descended to the horizon and the darkness enveloped the house, I realized it wasn't a dream. This is real.

The faint sound of a door opening alerted me of an intruder and I gripped the blanket tighter in my hands. If Harley decided to take me tonight, I couldn't do anything but to take it. I can fight but I don't want endangering the baby so I just have to take it like a big girl. From the thoughts alone conjuring in my brain, I couldn't help but sob and shudder; I don't want to be taken against my will. I don't want to have sex with anyone who isn't Calvin.

Minutes later, the door to the room creaked open and the sound of someone moving inside the dark room echoed in my ears. The moon is clouded so no light entered the room at the moment thought werewolf eyesight come handy at these times. I could perfectly see Harley staring at the bed but didn't see me there. It was agonizingly slow as he raked the room to search for me but before he could, I decided I should speak up.

"Are you going to hurt the baby?"

His eyes zeroed on me and I see him stare at me with an unreadable expression. "Because if you will, you better kill me too. That, or do you want to see me hang myself, too? Because I will. I will destroy myself."