bonus chapter

FLASHBACK
will and lavvie

Lavender and Will had the relationship that everyone around them envied. The other teens in their school always thought them to be the perfect couple— but they weren't a couple. They were simply two best friends who didn't seemed to do anything without the other.

That's all they ever would be, just best friends.

Except for one night.

The night of their prom, Lavvie and Will decided to make it easier to go as each others dates. They paraded around the prom as if they were the hottest ones there, Lavvie knew they were. The evening had been fairly uneventful, up until Lavvie was crowned prom queen.

"And prom queen is... Lavender Francis!" The students cheered, Lavvie's eyes widening with excitement as she embraced Will in her arms.

"Lavvie! Get your crown!" Will laughed, squeezing her back quickly as she squealed, skipping up to the stage.

"Congratulations!" The girl who'd announced her name exclaimed, giving Lavvie a short hug before the tiara was placed on her head.

"Wait- do I have to give a speech?" Lavvie quickly whispered, adjusting the tiara and allowing the satchel to be placed over her shoulders.

"Yeah." The girl, Jenny, responded slightly nudging Lavvie towards the microphone.

"If you're gonna cover me in pigs blood, do it now!" Lavvie immediately joked into the microphone, only few people laughing at the reference, others staring confused. "Okay, tough crowd." Lavvie laughed awkwardly, her eyes scanning the crowd of teens for a specific tall male.

"Honestly, don't know how I ended up here, but thank you to the people who voted for me. To the other beautiful ladies who deserve this tiara probably way more than I do, you're fu-bloody incredible and you don't need society to tell you that! Anyway, it was a blast coming here tonight but I am ready to get this after party going, who else?!" She yelled, Jenny quick to take the mic from her before she was able to say any more.

Lavvie didn't care to wait on the stage, she took the tiara from her head, clutching it in her hands and ran back to Will. She threw her arms around his shoulders, jumping onto his back and he caught her with ease.

"Party at mine!" Lavvie shouted, pointing forward for Will to leave the crowded building.

"Your parents aren't going to be happy." Will mumbled, carrying her outside to her car. She got off his back, shrugging her shoulders at him without a care in the world.

"When are they ever?" She retorted, noticing they were followed out by several others who were buzzed for another one of Lavender's ragers. Will rolled his eyes, getting into the passenger seat and she got into the drivers.

Lavvie set her tiara on Will's head before starting up the car, taking no time to pull out from the the lot.
They drove to her home, which was just outside of the small town. Once they got there, the pair ran inside Lavvie running to find all the alcohol she could.

"Take a shot with me." Lavvie said, pouring to shots and handing one towards Will.

"If you take this tiara back." Will told her, removing the tiara from his head and putting it on hers.