2.30

CALIFORNIA

Between Rory going to school and Dylan doing back to back interviews for his new movie coming out, Lavvie had spent the last few weeks of her pregnancy  sat in her own home. She had done nothing but rewatch One Tree Hill and whatever new movie was added to Netflix. It had gotten boring though, the woman wanting nothing but to do anything else.

After finishing her third movie that morning, she had decided going to the Cafe was the best option. She could sit at a booth and eat endless amounts of sweets that Lawrence gave her.

The endless amounts of customers they had gotten the first few months of buying the business had began to die down, the rush of fans dying to meet her and Dylan slowing. Though, there were still a few each day who she would gladly stop and take a picture with.

She walked into the cafe, her sunglasses over her eyes, one hand cupping her pink sundress covered belly, the other holding tight onto Tonys leash. She could barely walk, doing more of a waddle up to the counter as she greeted Lawrence. Her bright smile easily hid the discomfort in her body, ignoring her back as it screamed at her to sit.

"Shouldn't you be resting?" Lawrence questioned, taking a small cup and scooping her favorite ice cream flavors into it.

"Rest is for the weak." She joked, leaning against the cold counter.

"And for mothers." Lawrence responded, shaking his head at the woman as she carefully sat at a booth.

"Well, my husband is at an interview and my daughter is at school. I got lonely." She grinned, her eyes bulging with joy as he set the ice cream in front of her.

"Ah, well, I guess you're off the hook this time." His sweet smile was something she would never get sick of, fitting perfectly with the sweet treats he'd made. "And what would you like, little guy?" Lawrence reached down, petting the small dog as he jumped up with excitement.

"One pup bowl." She said, scooping the ice cream into her mouth. Her eyes squeezed shut, feeling a sharp kick at her ribs, "he has been nonstop moving all day." She groaned out, her hand placing over the sore spot.

"Bet he's gonna be just like his sister. Wild child she is." Lawrence chuckled as he walked back behind the counter.

"Don't know where they get it from, Dyl and I are totally chill." Lavvie spoke sarcastically as she felt another ache at her side.

"You've got quite the characters in your little family."

INTERVIEW

Dylan sat in the comfortable couch, his smile not leaving his face since he walked in. The interviewer was nice, cracking jokes every few minutes that he'd rebuttaled with his own joke. Most questions consisted of Lavvie, or even Rory, though he'd come to talk about his new movie. He didn't mind though, always overjoyed to talk about his family.

"Can you tell me anything from the movie?" The interviewer asked, hoping to get a spoiler out of him.

"Nothing that'll—" his phone buzzed from his pocket, "sorry, I thought I turned that off." He laughed, taking it out to see the picture of Lavvie taking over his screen. His heart raced, knowing she wouldn't call him during an interview if it hadn't been important.

"Actually, would you mind if I.." he didn't wait for a response, clicking answer as he got up from the seat.

As the phone was put to his ear, he'd nearly dropped it from his hand, "my water just broke." He heard and everything stopped for a moment.

"I'm sorry, I've got to—I've got to go." He told the interviewer, his face pale and heart racing with panic. He left the building in a second, his manager practically chasing after him as he got into his car.

He ignored him, too focused on getting to his wife to care what the man had to say.

The drive to the hospital was far quicker than it should've been. Lawrence having dropped everything the second she sat up from the booth in a panic. He'd closed the cafe, kicking out every customer while Lavvie had promised them refunds.

He got to the hospital, ushering the lady at the front desk for his wife's room. She'd given it to him in seconds and he'd run down the far too long hall, peaking in every door for the woman.

When he'd finally gotten to her, she was sat comfortably on the hospital bed, dressed in a light blue gown with a smile on her face. She had a cup on jello in her hand, the tv volume turned uo as if she were in their livingroom. Dylan's panic fell, nearly laughing at how comfortable she looked.

"Hi, love." Lavvie smiled, poking her spoon into the red jello. Her brows furrowed at him, "Dylan.."

"Yeah?" He breathed out, trying to catch his breath from running down the hall.

"Where's Rory?" She asked, raising a brow and his eyes widened.

"Shit! I didn't know I was—fuck, I was in such a rush I didn't even—"

"Babe, I'm kidding." She laughed out, "I knew you'd go into panic mode so Will's getting her from school. He's gonna watch her until baby is born." She told him, reaching out her hand as he sat beside her.

"How are you always so prepared for me to fuck up. I mean, how do I forget our child when you're going into labor?" He asked, resting his head against the bed, her hand combing through his hair.

"It's not that bad, hun, you just panicked." She assured him, "as long as you're not forgetting them in a grocery store, I'll let this slide."

Twelve hours of sitting in that hospital bed, watching Dylan pace around the room calling his mom, sister and all their friends, Lavvie had finally given birth. The stress she had with Rory hadn't come with this baby and they were both eternally grateful for that. It was exhausting, but they were finally able to meet the newest member of their family.

"Hi, Auggie, I'm you dad, so I'm sorry if you don't like me but you're now stuck with me." Lavvie woke to Dylan's soft voice, "this is your momma, she's the most beautiful lady in the world, aside from your big sis who will no doubt be kicking your ass in the future. You'll like them though, they're—" Dylan stopped as he noticed Lavvie smiling at him, the newborn cradled in his arms as he walked around the room.

"I was just showing him the people he's gonna have to deal with." He laughed quietly, their baby fast asleep in his arms. "I'd let you hold him but I really don't want to let—"

"Can I please hold the baby I just spent hours pushing out?" She asked, Dylan stepping towards her to carefully hand him over. Lavvie smiled, her thumb rubbing over his soft head. His eyes opened slowly as Dylan set him in her arms, "hi." She giggled out, eyes welling with tears.

"Gosh, you look like your daddy." She said, smiling as she looked between Dylan and their newborn.

"Good thing, huh?" Dylan joked, his eyes not leaving the baby once.

"Eh."