Chapter 24

Another year goes by, and here's Chapter 24!!

Word Count: 2391 words

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Previously

For himself, because he needed this. He needed his friend back.

So, Toshinori put his pride and fear aside, and picks up the phone.

Contact name: Mirai

Dial this number?

Yes

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Third Person P.O.V.

Even after all this time, he still knew the way like the back of his hand. It was frankly embarrassing, how many times he had walked it at first, only to stop and turn around at this very building. Now here he was. There wasn't going to be any turning back this time.

Toshinori walked inside to be greeted by a man at the desk, who quickly showed him the way, already having expected him. Not that he needed to be shown around. Years as the symbol of peace made it necessary to memorize layouts of buildings, and this was one he had been in multiple times. But he was also nothing if not polite, so he allowed himself to be led to Mirai's office, making polite small talk on the way.

He thanked the man once they had gotten to the door and was left to enter on his own. He clenched the strap of the bag on his shoulder.

God....this was awkward.

So awkward.

But he was here. The symbol of peace shouldn't be so cowardly as to not face a friend because of it being awkward. Especially since All For One was involved.

All For One...

He didn't want to believe that he was still alive, that he had brought a child into this whole mess. Yet he believed every part of it. Which was why he had to step through that door. (if only he could make his hand move to knock).

You see, jumping into danger to save a class of children, he can do. Sacrificing himself to save others is who he is, it's something he is good at. But confronting his emotions (and quite possibly his ego)? Not his thing.

(To the people around him he must've looked quite strange, standing straight in front of a door without going in.)

But he must...

He took in a deep breath and raised his hand.

Then the door whipped open, revealing Mirai, harsh eyes trained upon him.

"U-uh, Mirai-" He stumbled, taken aback by his entrance.

"Come in. You are here about the All For One resurface, correct?" Oh, this was worse than he thought. Mirai walked back into his office with the same deliberate prowl Toshinori remembered him using when either stressed, angry or focusing. He had a feeling he knew which one was the reason this time.

"Well, yes. We're not exactly sure if it's a resurface, but we have enough to open an investigation." He walked in after Mirai, closing the door behind him. What immediately caught his eyes were the walls of his office. They were still decked out in All Might merchandise, limited edition posters on them. There were a couple he didn't recognize which must've been new. Maybe he should have come with one, he's sure he could've found one.

"I got them last year." He startled, looking at Mirai. "One was a gift, the other I found on the internet. It takes a bit of digging, but they are out there." He sat down behind his desk. "Sit, Toshinori. You probably should stand the least you can in your condition."