Chapter 2

Bella POV

Fear flooded my body as the van came barreling toward me. I wanted to move out of the way. The smart thing to do was to move out of the way. But I couldn't. I felt paralyzed. My eyes darted across the parking lot. A few stared in horror as the van slid closer to me. Finally, my eyes settled on the Cullens. The smallest one, Alice I think her name was, look equally horrified. The two older males, Jasper and Emmett, looked unaffected by what was happening. The two that really caught my attention were Edward and the other sister, Rosalie if I remembered right.

I was certain this was the first time Edward had looked at me since my first day at school. But instead of the usual hostility he showed me he looked terrified. The same went for Rosalie, although it wasn't as noticeable on her.I swear I saw Rosalie move toward me slightly. Before I couldn't even begin to process why, or if I actually saw it, Edward was next to me and so was the van. Edward was staring at me. His eyes looked unnaturally black. It took all my willpower to look away from him. What I saw stunned me. In the side of the can was an indent and in the middle of the indent was his hand.

"Wha... h... how?" I stuttered out. This wasn't possible. There was no way he stopped a van with his hand and there was no mark on him. Things like this didn't happen.

Edward turned so his face was inches from mine. "Not here," Edward breathed. His cool breath washed over me and my thoughts became hazy.

Edward pushed away the van and got up. No one else seemed to notice him as they allowed surrounded me. "Bella," Tyler exclaimed climbing out of the van. There was a cut on his forehead. Made me wonder if he was wearing a seatbelt. "I'm so sorry Bella. I hit some ice and lost control. I'm sorry."

"It's okay Tyler," I said quickly before he could say he was sorry again. This whole incident was embarrassing and I wanted it over as quickly as possible.

Unfortunately luck was not on my side. The sound of sirens were getting closer and closer and I knew someone had called an ambulance. I crossed my arms over my chest and vowed to stay in this spot until the paramedics left.

I wondered if Edward knew what I was thinking because he grabbed me by the arm and lifted me off the ground. I glared at him. "I am not going in that ambulance," I informed him as two ambulances pulled in the parking lot.

"Please," Edward said, his sweet scent hit me again.

"Fine," I agreed although I have no idea why. "But no gurney."

Edward laughed. "Deal," he said.

"How did you get to me so quick?" I questioned.

"I was standing right next to you Bella," Edward said as the paramedics started piling out of their vehicles.

"No." I shook my head. "You were by your car. I saw you."

"I was right next to you," Edward said again, staring at me.

The paramedics loaded Tyler in the ambulance first. He had the most severe injuries out of the two of us. I felt bad for him as they forced him onto the gurney, complete with the neck brace. It made sense considering he was in a car accident.

Edward followed me to the ambulance. "Sir are you related?" one of the paramedics asked.

"No," Edward replied.

"Then you can't go in there," he said. "You can meet us at the hospital."

Edward's now dark gold eyes seemed to darken more. He looked like he was ready to protest. Before any words came out, he cocked his head to the side. He sighed and nodded.