Chapter 5

Rosalie POV

"No, no, no, this isn't supposed to happen," I heard Alice's frantic voice say. This wouldn't be the first time she had said something like this. The last time had to do with some shoes she wanted that had sold out. "Rosalie," she screeched flying down the stairs.

This caught my attention. I had never heard her in such a panic before. Carlisle and Esme moved into the living room with me while Emmett and Jasper dropped their controllers.

They were all equally curious and concerned by whatever Alice had seen.

"Port Angeles," she said when she got to me. "You need to get to Port Angeles now. Bella—"

That was all I needed to hear. I took off running. It was faster for me to run than drive.

I got to Port Angeles in about a minute. Now all I had to do was find Bella. That's when I smelled it. It hit me like a truck. Human blood, a lot of human blood.

I ran to the source of the blood and found Bella on the ground. She looked terrified. Around her were half a dozen human males, all dead. That was the source of the blood I had smelled. Standing among the bodies was Edward. I didn't have to look at his face to know his eyes were red.

In the blink of an eye I was crouched down in front of Bella, ready to defend her. In a fight between me and Edward I would lose. I knew that. Not only was he faster than me but with his ability to read minds he would see every move I would make. I had no chance. But I would defend Bella until the end. With any luck Edward would snap out of his bloodlust and I would survive this.

I took a moment to check on Bella. I needed to know if she was hurt, and if she was hurt how bad it was. I glanced at her terrified face. Our eyes locked and something clicked in my brain. My life now revolved around this girl, around Bella. Nothing would be more important to me than her safety. I would do anything for her, be anything for her.

I had found my mate.

I couldn't dwell on these thoughts. I would have to process through them later. Right now I had to figure out how to get Bella and I out of this.

Edward moved closer to us. Any second he would attack and I needed to be prepared. He managed one step toward me. I growled at him, warning him to stop. He leapt at us but

before he could make contact with me a familiar body flew through the air and crashed like thunder into Edward.

Jasper had arrived.

He wasn't the only one nearby. I felt movement to my left. I growled at whoever it was.

"Easy Rose," Emmett said holding his hands up. "It's just me."

"Emmett," I said straightening up. Emmett was no threat to me or my mate. "What are you doing here?"

"Alice sent us," he explained. "She had a vision of you of fighting Edward, and losing. Figured you needed back up." He looked in the direction of the woods that Jasper and Edward had flown into and shook his head. "I can't believe Edward."

"We need to get Bella out of here," I told him. At this moment I could care less about Edward. Jasper would deal with him.

I turned and pulled Bella off the ground and into my arms. "Wait," Bella protested. "My truck and I was supposed to pick up fudge for Charlie."

Bella was attacked by human filth and almost killed by a vampire and all she cares about is her crappy truck and chocolate. This girl had some strange priorities.

I glanced at Emmett and he nodded. I grabbed the keys from Bella's pocket and tossed them to Emmett. Bella looked like she wanted to protest but she said nothing. "Emmett will drive your truck back and pick up the chocolate," I informed her. I caught sight of a plastic bag, with a book on Quileute legends instead. I nodded toward the bag and Emmett grabbed it.