Chapter 15

Rosalie POV

I gently stroked Bella's back as she slept. Her hand was still resting on my chest and I didn't bother to move it. After an hour of Bella waking up due to nightmares she was finally sleeping peacefully... with a little help from Jasper.

"How is she?" I asked my brother.

I never should have told her my story. Now she was having nightmares because of me. The small scratch on her face, the restlessness she was feeling, all my fault.

"You can't blame yourself," Edward said from downstairs. "She deserved to know. She's strong. She just needs time to process everything."

"Edward's right," Jasper said softly. "She deserved to know."

"It's my fault," I muttered brokenly. I had caused Bella so much pain.

"Rose, it's not your fault," Jasper said firmly. "If the situations were reversed, wouldn't you rather know?" I growled at the thought of anyone hurting Bella the same way I was hurt. "Relax Rose. You know we would never let anything happen to Bella."

I tightened my grip on Bella. A small part of me worried that someone would take her away. A normal human would be uncomfortable with my arms locked around them. Bella, however, wasn't normal. She shifted closer to me, taking comfort in my cold arms. She really was the strangest girl, and she was all mine. She actually loved me.

"Jazz," I started.

"Yes, she's in love with you. She's been in love with you but she didn't realize it until now," Jasper responded.

"I don't know what to do," I whispered.

"You're overthinking this," Jasper said gently. "Nothing has changed."

"Everything has changed," I hissed at him.

"Bella loves you," Jasper said. "She's not expecting anything from you."

"How is she?" I whispered.

"She's stable," Jasper answered. He leaned back in the chair. "She's going to need you close by for a while to help reassure herself that you're okay."

"I shouldn't have left," I said sadly.

"You needed to hunt Rose," Jasper said. "Bella wouldn't want you to starve."

"Next time I'll go while she's awake," I decided. Bella liked spending time with the others so it would be easier to leave her.

Jasper didn't say anything. He knew he couldn't change my mind. Not that he would want to. He'd been bugging me to hunt for a while. I thought about my conversation with Bella earlier. She agreed to go on a date with me. The problem was I never planned a date. There were so many things I wanted to do for her. For this date privacy was best. If we went out in public then we couldn't speak freely.

I stared out my bedroom window. It was still dark outside. The sun wouldn't rise for another two hours. I glanced at the sleeping girl in my arms and an idea hit me. But I would need help from Alice and from...

"Whatever you need Rose," Edward promised.

"Thank you," I muttered.

"What are you planning?" Jasper asked curious.

"Do you remember when we were out hunting past Seattle?" I asked him. It was a hunting trip only he and I went on a few years ago right after we moved here.

"Yes," Jasper said

"There's that waterfall and a short hike," I continued. "It's not popular during the winter since the water is so cold so it should be empty. Bella would love it there."