Chapter 18

Bella

I was exhausted.

We shopped for almost eight hours. Eight hours! I didn't think that was possible. I'm sure we hit every store in Port Angeles. Lucky for me, Alice followed through with her promise and I had over a dozen new books to read.

By the end of the trip Rosalie had to carry me to the car because my legs weren't working. I didn't know exactly how much I walked today. If I had to guess it would be at least five miles. But I had to admit. Despite how tired and sore I was, I did enjoy being in Rosalie's arms.

Emmett drove us home as I laid in Rosalie's lap in the back seat for the drive. I wanted so badly to sleep but my mind wouldn't quiet down. "You should sleep," Rosalie muttered in my ear.

I snuggled closer to her cold body. As much as I wanted to sleep, I wanted to be with Rosalie more. I knew once I got in Rosalie's comfortable bed I wouldn't last long. So, I planned on making the most out of our time together. "Not yet," I told her.

Rosalie hummed in my ear. "I'll make you a warm bath when we get home," she promised.

That sounded nice. "Will you stay there with me?" I asked. I glanced at Emmett and saw him grinning. The perv. "Not for that," I quickly corrected. "I'm afraid I'll fall asleep and end up drowning."

Rosalie laughed. "I'll stay with you," she said. "Are you hungry? Do you want Emmett to stop for something or Esme can cook?"

"I'm a little hungry," I admitted. I walked several miles today, with only one stop for food during the trip. I should have made Alice stop more because I could feel it now. "I don't want to stop though. I'll eat the fruit Esme prepared earlier."

Emmett pulled into the garage and I sighed in relief. I was home... well no, I was at Rosalie's house. But it felt like home. Rosalie climbed out the car. I scooted over so I could get out but Rosalie pulled me into her arms before I could.

"You don't have to carry me," I protested weakly.

"Bella, you're exhausted and I know you're sore," Rosalie said gently. "Let me get you upstairs and into the bath."

I sighed. The bath was sounding better and better. And the thought of Rosalie carrying me was rather nice. I was so comfortable in her arms.

Rosalie moved slow, a normal human pace. I wasn't sure why. It could be to make things easier on me or maybe she simply wanted to prolong our time together. Either way it didn't bother me.

Rosalie sat me down on the toilet and made her way to the bathtub. She turned on the water and poured in some lavender bath salts. "You'll need to test this," Rosalie told me.

"I'm not sure how warm it will be."

I got up, wincing at the pain in my feet and legs. I leaned over to check the temperature. "It's good," I told her.

"Good," Rosalie said. "Now, take off your clothes and get in. I'll get you some food."

I waited until Rosalie left the bathroom before stripping off my clothes. I threw them into the corner. I climbed into the bathtub and sighed. The water was so warm and comfortable. The smell of lavender filled my senses. It was so more relaxing than I thought. I closed my eyes and enjoyed the warmth.

Rosalie returned minutes later. I opened my eyes and saw her holding a tray of fruit and chocolate. In her other hand was a bottle of water.

"Esme was a little upset with me and Alice," Rosalie said putting the tray on the edge of the very large tub. "She said we should have stopped more for you. And she's right."