Chapter 1: A tinkerer from the past

Y/N from an earlier age was always curious to the inner workings of her belongings, She first started with the little things in her life like a doll or toy car. In her early teens she had worked her way up to helping the family with small repairs around the house, tasks such as fixing household appliances and mechanical repairs on the farm. Her family wasn't rich nor poor but they had to manage the farm to get by in life.

Y/N POV:

???: Hey Y/N the tractor's not starting again!

Y/N: Fuel?

???: uhhh... Yes!

Y/N: is the battery dead?

???: How do you check that?

Y/N: Simple! Try turning on the headlights.

???: Ye, her headlights are working fine.

Y/N: Alright hang on sam, just.. gotta put this spark plug in.... here.... aaaand bingo. I'm Coming!

I hurried over to the old tractor in question. It'd always been a problem for me, giving me new repair tasks daily. I had tried numerous times to convince my parents to throw it out for an upgrade but they wouldn't budge saying it was too expensive to invest in a newer tractor.

Y/N: Right! So, it won't start huh?

Sam: Yep, tried cranking her and she just won't startup...

Y/N: Ok, Just crank it for me please.

Sam proceed to crank the tractor, yielding an un-pleasant rattling noise with puffs of air shooting out of the exhaust with no smoke in sight. Y/N ponders for a moment whilst walking around the tractor then speaks up.

Y/N: Ok you can stop now, Don't want to fry the starter motor haha. Anyways I think the engine isn't receiving any fuel by the looks of it, The compression and air are there from the feel of pressure from the exhaust but I dont think any fuel is getting into the cylinder.

Sam: Oh ok then, I dont know half of that stuff haha but what I do know is the engine isn't getting any fuel right?

Y/N: Correct, Im gonna roll this piece of shit into the shed. You're probably gonna have to find a duty that doesn't require a tractor for now.

Sam: Eh, should be able to find a job that doesn't require a tractor. Thanks for the help Y/N, cya later!

Y/N: adiós amigo mío!

Right, Let's get this puto perro de mierda tractor into the workshop....

*3 Hours later*

General POV:

As Y/N is working on the stubborn machine two figures walk into the shed.

??? & ???: Y/N!

Y/N: Papa David, Mama Cartila! Good to see you!

Y/N pull's both of them into an embrace without realizing she's covered in soot and grease.

Y/N oh.. I-I am sorry I didn't realize tha-

David: Nah its fine kid give yourself a break. How've you been?

Y/N: Ya know the usual mierda, Fixing broken equipment, dealing with that.... *points to the old tractor* and trying to get pa's old Ferrari working.

Cartila: Thats amazing! Keep this up and one day you'll be a superstar.

Y/N Yes ma..... You've said that a million times already

Cartila: Yes but its positive reinforcement for my little sweetheart who's about to go into the real world, Now come on lets get you cleaned up. Dinners almost served