SORRY!

Arjun's POV:

I stopped the car in front of the fair and there was no prominent emotion displayed on her face.

" We are here!" I said and she just got down.

" Are you gonna take the tickets or should I?" She asked rudely and that hurt me. It's not like I gave her a good reason to be all smiles with me. If there is someone else in her place, they'd slap me across my face and walk away.

" I will. I will. I brought you to the fair after all." I mumbled and walked to the counter to see an Oldman over there. I got 2 tickets from him and held her hand to walk in.

For the first time in my life, it felt good to hold someone's hand. It gave me a feeling of mine. She is mine.

But you can never be hers! A small voice from the corner of my heart screamed. That was a raincheck for me.

I looked at our hands and they perfectly fit each other. Just like a puzzle.

" Where shall we go first?" I asked and she looked at me puzzled. Her soft lips were under her teeth, getting crushed. That scene itself is alluring.

" I don't wanna ride any." She shrugged and the constant smile that was on my face wiped away.

" We can go and play games," I suggested walking behind her.

A was about to mouth another thing but someone dashed her and walked away. That looked intentional. The irritation on her face is clear.

" Kaha dekh rahe ho sale?" She screamed turning back and punching him.

" Saali, teri aukaat kya hai ki tune mujhe mara?" The guy looked provoked that he raised his hand to hit her. I pulled her into my embrace and looked at him with pleading eyes.

" Sorry Bhai, aaj ye thodi ghusse main hai. Sorry haan." I apologised dragging her away from there.

" What was that?" I asked her in anger.

" Don't act like you don't know anything Arjun. Even you saw that." She said pointing her finger at me. She pushed my hand away and left there and I have to go behind her.

" Acha, galti uski hain. Par jagda karne ki kya zaroorat Arohi?" I asked while she sat on the bench.

" Main tumhari tarah kayar nahin hoon Arjun ki jab koi mujhe jaan bhooj kar dhakka de aur main use jaane doon. Self respect bachi hai mujh main and main use gawaana nahin chaahti jaise ki main tumhari saamne gawaa chuki hoon." She screamed and tears made their way from her eyes. I know she was always aloof with the comments I pass towards her but never I felt that those are hurting her self-respect.

She immediately got up from there and walked away breathing heavily. I ran behind her to see her walking aimlessly.

" Stop being aloof Arohi," I yelled and held her hand tightly.

" Let's go home Arjun." She requested holding both my hands. I angrily dragged her towards the car and pinned her against it.

" Let's go home but let me clarify it to you before you assume something wrong my dear Arohi, I never wanted to hurt your self-respect. I accept that I treated you badly and had been an asshole yet you bore me. Then why the fuck you can't bear me for a few more months? You must have slapped me across my face when you felt I was attacking your self-respect." Tears swirled in my eyes and looking into her deep brown eyes is like a heck of a task for me now.

All I can hear are her occasional sniffs and coughs. I can feel her cold hands against my soft ones.

" Leave me." She mumbled looking at my chest.

" I wanna enjoy this fair with you," I whispered and gave a light nod as if she wanna grant my wish.

" Was that a yes?" I asked her unsure and she nodded smiling.

I ran to the ticket counter and got another 2 tickets. I held her hand and she looked at our entwined hands. We ran inside and explored many stalls that have games and she even shopped for a few shoes and dresses for herself. Being with her for more than 6 months, I've never seen her wearing a dress that is above the ankles.

I saw her jaws and hands shivering but the smile on her face didn't even falter. Her nose and cheeks turned pink but she didn't even look at me for help. She was so engrossed in seeing something that I took that as the cue and covered her with my puffer jacket. She turned to me but I thrust my hands into my pockets trying to act cool.

" Thank you, Arjun." She mumbled and smiled that immediately melting my heart away.

" Ain't you feeling cold Arjun?" She asked and I just shrugged. But only I know how I'm shivering from inside.

" No, you must be feeling cold. No problem, I'll keep you warm." She smiled and held my hand. I looked at our hands and her smile. I wish this to last forever.

Please God, let me feel this all my life. I want her, a life with her. This is the moment I wished to see in my life, a smile on my lips and tears in my eyes. I held her tighter and she supported me back maintaining the same grip.

What happened? She asked me with her eyes and I just nodded no.

We spent there 3 hrs and decided to return. I turned the heater on and zoomed the car towards our home. She slept and she looked so peaceful, just like an angel.

I stopped the car in the garage and she woke up due to the sudden halt.

We got down and she gave me an adorable smile before turning. I held her hand and pulled back.

" Stay," I mumbled and she frowned.

" Don't leave me. I'll be all alone." I whispered looking down.

" I'm sorry," I said boring my eyes into hers.

" It's alright Arjun. I said those words on impulse." She said and her warm breath soothed me. Without any second thoughts, I hugged her, really tight.

" Thank you." I chuckled and left her after a while.

I made my way inside and sat on the bed. She is happy. I'm happy. I'm feeling like my heart is leaping out.

I pulled my t-shirt up to change only to hear a squeal and a sorry. I hurriedly pulled my t-shirt down and turned back to see her turn around.

" What happened?" I asked her.

" I... I came here to return your jacket. Thank you very much for this evening and sorry for intruding." She mumbled the last part. I took my puffer jacket and hung it behind the door.

I walked her to the door and closed it once she left. She looked beautiful today. I took the pills and slept. For the first time in my life, I felt a meaningful day.

With Love❤️
introvert_2001

Word Count: 1212.