LET-ter

Arohi's POV:

I opened my eyes and looked to my side to see Arjun nowhere around. He is probably in the washroom.

I looked at myself under the duvet and there is nothing on my body

I looked at myself under the duvet and there is nothing on my body. Not even a piece of cloth. I closed my eyes and blushed profusely remembering last night's events.

Probably last night was the best night of my life. Can this go any better? He almost accepted me. I just need to pursue him a little more. I know he likes me. He was too wild last night. I tried to get up but I felt like my whole lower body is paralysed. A sudden pain struck my lower abdomen and I shrieked.

It hurts like bitch. But where is Arjun?

" Arjun!" I called him but there was no response. I pulled the duvet off me and put on the shirt that was on the side table. Did Arjun put it here? A small smile formed on my lips at his sweet gesture.

I pressed my feet against the wooden floor and the pain struck in my back and down there. I held my stomach and walked to the kitchen and he wasn't there. I made it into the living room and the studio and he was not there, there too.

My heartbeats got intense and a sudden fear gripped me. Where is he?

" Arjun, stop playing around and come in front of me," I said and there was no sound.

I went back to the bedroom and opened the wardrobe. There are no clothes of Arjun. Did he leave me?

Slowly my eyes pooled and the scene in front of me turned blurry. A sob after sob left my mouth and I sat on the corner of the bed.

My eyes fell on the papers that are fluttering under the paperweight. I cleared my eyes and took the papers into my hand. The first one is the letter to me.

My not-so-dear Arohi,

I think you are happy with the last night's events. Trust me, it was great. Every curve of your body is so slender that I can't keep my hands off you. And thank you for the last night's offer.

Offer? Do I look like a prostitute to him? How can he be so cheap?

I don't know what made you think that I'll fall for a girl like you. Just look at the status difference between us. Can your parents even offer the dowry my parents ask. Nope! You might think that Arjun is this and Arjun is that. And yes, whatever you think, I'm all of them. A rascal, a womaniser, a scoundrel and a Casanova mainly. Do you think I hold a special place for you in my heart? You are just like the many nightstands I had.

I was a one-night stand for him? And he dared to comment about my status? For sure we had a status difference. I kept on crying seeing how did he think of me.

Now stop crying. I'm tired of seeing you cry every freaking day. So, don't worry. I'll compensate you. Do you see the documents underneath this letter?

I saw the papers and those are some sought documents.

Yes, the documents, are of the same house you are living in. It's just a complimentary gift from my side. I won't be there with you to provide you with the complimentary breakfast, so this house. Keep this safe. It's close to my heart.

You can live here or sell, you can do whatever you want with it. All the best for your future darling.

Your love
Arjun.

My heart broke reading the letter. How can he think so low of me? That bastard! I broke into loud cries and crumpled on the same bed we made love last night. That's love for me but lust for him. I stayed there crying till noon and I still don't know what to do.

Cope up Aru, he is not worth your love. Think that he is just a passing cloud.

Is he a passing cloud? My conscience questioned and I know the answer. It's a no. I can't forget him. I love him. Even after this betrayal. Tears again pooled in my eyes and I drank the glass of water that is on the table. I looked at the room and I envy this. This is the same room I craved to be in. And I never know I will be in this situation crying my heart out for the person I love in this very room.

I pulled the other card out and it is my certificate. The completion of my course. And the name on the certificate shocked me more. The Nightingale inc. The same one to which I desired to get admission in. This is his studio.

Collect yourself Arohi. My heart said and I had to listen to it this time. I got up hiccing and collected my belongings which are neatly folded and kept on the corner of the bed.

I went inside my room and closed the door. I got into the shower and cried my heart out.

Stop it Arohi, it's time for you to move on. My heart pleaded and I looked at myself in the mirror holding back my sobs. I heaved a heavy breath and pulled the towel covering my body.

I need to find myself a job. I need to vacate this place.

I'm brOKen but ok.

Fix yourself Arohi. You have life and love is just a part of life.

With Love❤️
introvert_2001

Word Count: 938.