Chapter 12

"And then he-" Kuroo is interrupted by the sound of his phone ringing. "Hold on a sec," he says grabbing his phone and answering the call. I nod and sip on my iced coffee as I stare at the world outside the cafe we're at through the wide windows. 

"You're there already?" I hear Kuroo say at the phone. Is he talking about-

"Ah alright then, we're finishing up. I'll see you in fifteen." Kuroo says and ends the call.

"Who was that?" I ask.

"Bokuto. We agreed to meet up at the same time you and Shoyo meet." he says with a smile.

"Oh i see... we should get going then." I say and Kuroo agrees. He insists on paying for our breakfast since i must save money for my date, so i thank him, still feeling kind of guilty.

"Don't worry about it Kenma," Kuroo says with a laugh at the end of his sentence. "I'll get over it." He smiles at me and all i do is nod at him. We're walking down the sidewalk towards the park. Kuroo chats about his typical nonsense, which i'm happy to listen. He's trying hard to make things normal again, so i will as well. 

"KENMA!" 

"KUROO!"

We hear two voices in unison call out to us. I look up and see Shoyo and Bokuto making their way to us. They both have big smiles on their faces.

"Hi Shoyo." I greet Shoyo giving him a small smile. Surprising me, Shoyo hugs me. When he releases me, he's slightly blushing.

"I-It's been a while since we've seen each other," he says nervously and i nod.

"Well then lovebirds! Have fun on your date!" Bokuto exclaims and i notice him giving Shoyo a wink and a thumbs up. 

"Thanks, have fun too Bokuto-san and Kuroo-san!" Shoyo says and i nod. "See you guys later."

After saying our goodbyes, Shoyo grabs my hand and takes me to the ice cream shop in the park. 

"What ice-cream do you want??" he asks after we enter the shop. 

"Chocolate mint is good." I say and Shoyo nods. "We'll have two chocolate mints please!" He orders and after a few minutes we get our ice creams. We walk out of the shop and walk towards a bench in the park. 

"Woah this flavor is actually really good!" Shoyo says, his big smile never leaving his face. It makes me smile. "Yeah it is." I say nodding. 

"What do you wanna do?? We could watch a movie but i don't know which one... or maybe go to an arcade since we like games?? hmm what about.... no you don't like places with a lot of people... hmm..."Shoyo goes on and on with ideas. It seems like he's thinking really hard about this. Cute.

"How about we just go for a walk while we finish our ice cream and then think about what to do next?" I suggest and Shoyo nods excitedly, making me smile. "Yeah that's a good idea!" he says standing up and i do the same. We start making our way down the sidewalk. I don't know where we should go, but i guess anywhere should be fine. We walk past different shops and houses, and i listen to all kinds of stories and ideas Shoyo has. I'm not talking much, but it seems like he doesn't mind it.

About half an hour has gone by, and we finished our ice creams quite a while ago. We've just been chatting.

"What movie did you wanna watch?" I ask Shoyo.

"Oh! There are a few but the one i had in mind was this one about some teenagers are transported into a video game, it seems interesting since you like video games hehe." Shoyo says and i can't help but smile. He really thought about this carefully.