4. i don't know..it's like he's scared to be around you

"Sunghoon's boyfriend's cute"

"Huh?"

Sunoo was used to Jungwon's bullshit and he was rather skilled at listening to it but not today, not now, at fucking two in the morning.

"I said Sunghoon's boyfriend is cute"

"Why?", Sunoo groaned into his pillow and dramatically lifted his head to look in Jungwon's general direction. He couldn't see much with how dark it was.

"What do you mean why? I'm pretty sure we were together. He's got this prince charming thing going on", Sunoo would've thought Jungwon was genuinely fawning over someone's boyfriend, and maybe he was but he couldn't ignore the hint of irritation his words held.

"I meant why are you disturbing my meditation not why is he cute!", he yelled, "Jungwon, can we not do this right n-"

"He's so cute I could smother him. I wonder what he sounds like when he screams, he looks so innocent, it's j-"

"Jungwon!", Sunoo was too tired to think about the meaning behind those words, instead he sat up, blindly reached for the lamp by his nightstand and turned it on. He glared at him for a while, "why are you speaking like this?"

"I'm just saying he's too innocent looking for Sunghoon"

"And why would you care about Sunghoon's preferences? Last time I checked you two weren't supposed to be seen near each other"

"We weren't?", he asked. Sunoo wondered why he was playing such a game with him. He knew exactly what he was talking about and the reason why.

"Aren't", Sunoo corrected, roving the past tense in his question, "If he finds out y-"

"He's not going to find out"

"How are you so sure?"

"You are definitely not going to tell him and besides, that's a stupid rule", Jungwon sat up as well.

"Is it?", Sunoo asked him seriously.

"Yeah", Jungwon's voice turned sweet as he moved closer to Sunoo and encased his hand around his own, "Why are we allowed near each other then?"

"I- that's different Jungwon!"

"Shhh", Jungwon whispered, "You're gonna wake up your mum", Sunoo wondered how he kept his patience around him.

"It's different because I'm your best friend"

"And Sunghoon isn't his best friend?"

"It's complicated for them, you know that, they're awkward with each other sometimes"

"Whatever"

"Just, go to bed please, I would like to be sober in my first class"

"Fine", Jungwon huffed and settled back down.

Sunoo sighed out and turned off the light. Before he could close his eyes again he felt a hand on his waist and a tiny whisper.

"Come here"

° ° °

"Hoon-ah", Jake whined, "They're staring"

Park Sunghoon wasn't a very easy person to be around.

He wasn't very approachable considering the way he carried himself. He was tall, handsome and pale, his walk was graceful and half the time his face serious, his thick eyebrows completing it all.

There were only a few times–few enough to count–where anyone could say they saw him smile genuinely and that was when he was with his closest friends.