eighteen

Noah

August

~~~

He's not giving up on her. He refuses to.

He knows she still loves him, he feels like he kind of understands why she did what she did back in December. He knows she wants to be with him, but she was afraid that he would hurt her, so she hurt him instead. Now he has to convince her to trust him.

Noah texted her and told her he's coming over, and at first he was hesitant to agree, but she did.

When he gets to her apartment, she opens the door and her scent quickly fills the air.

Dixie ushers him in and after offering him something to drink, she sits down next to him on her couch.

"What are you doing here, Noah?" Dixie says with a sigh.

Noah turns to her, gently grabbing her face with his hands and looking into her deep brown eyes

"Listen to me. I love you. I love you so much that everything and everyone else is irrelevant. I'm not going anywhere. I'm staying with you. You can push me away more and more but I swear, I'm not going anywhere. I'm staying right here." He finishes, taking a deep breath.

Happy tears gleam in her eyes.

"Yes. You heard me right. I'm still in love with you, and I tried so hard not to be. I tried to enjoy a single day without you, tried to see the colors of the world without you, but it never worked. I can't walk down a goddamn street without imagining your hand in mine, I can't stand outside in the sun without imagining how beautiful you'd look under it." He says, voice lowering to a whisper. A minute passes between them, with each second she doesn't respond, his anxiety growing.

"After all this time, you're still part of me. I still feel my heart skip a beat whenever you text me or I see something that reminds me of you. You're always the last thing on my mind before I sleep and the first thing on my mind when I wake up. I've always loved you and I always will." Hadley says, and Noah kisses her softly on the lips.

"What if I hurt you?" She whispers.

"I don't care." Noah says, and he doesn't. All he cared about is having her in his arms.

"I love you, too."

And suddenly everything changed. It wasn't about how mad or hurt he was. It was all about making the shine in her eyes come back and stay back. It wasn't about what she did or didn't do. It wasn't about who she was and how much he loved the girl in front of him with love in her eyes and messy brown hair.

It was suddenly all about the beauty of the love he gave her, because it wasn't little or short lived. It wasn't hurtful or unfaithful.

The love he gave her was pure and beautiful. It was the love you hear about in songs and books and see in movies. It was all consuming, igniting passionate, and caring love. It was every wonderful dream brought into his and her reality.

It was their forever.

Their forever in the form of their imperfect love.