epilogue

Dixie and Noah

One Year Later

December

~~~

One year later, it was a cold, winter Saturday and Dixie was walking down the street, when she heard someone calling her. She turned around and he was running towards her.

"It really is you." Noah said, smiling his brightest smile and breathing heavily from running toward her.

"It's me." Dixie said, smiling back at him, his hazel eyes are still the same, and time has only made him more attractive. "When did you get back?"

"Yesterday. I came home for the holidays.. And to see you. How are you?" He says, still smiling while he takes in her appearance. The past year has been good to her, her brown hair still falls the same way, her brown eyes still shine in the glimmer of the winter snow, and her skin is still as fair as it was when he left.

"Better, now that you're back. I heard you were coming, I was going to call you and see if you wanted to meet. I missed you. A lot." She says, warmly smiling.

"I missed you too. A lot."

"Would you wanna get some cocoa with me? I'm heading to the cafe to grab some and take shelter from the snow." Dixie says, pointing in the direction she's heading.

"Of course." He says, and they get to the cafe, order their cocoa and sit down.

Once their drinks come, a comfortable silence sets in. Dixie doesn't care that he left her standing in that airport, alone and sad. She knew he made the right choice.

And what was it that her dad had said, not so long ago?

"Despite what you may think, fate can bring two people back together."

And maybe fate had brought them back together, and maybe that's why they're here, outside in the cold Winter, in front their favorite little cafe and sipping hot cocoa.

"I sometimes wonder if we are each other's unfinished business in this life." She whispers, but he hears her.

"I agree. I wonder, what would have happened if I hadn't gone on that plane and I hadn't left?" +

"Do you believe in fate?" Dixie suddenly asks him, unraveling her scarf a little.

"Yes. I always have." Noah admits, glancing from his cocoa towards her. "I think fate brought us together in the first place. I think coming back wasn't just random."

"So what does this mean?" She asks him, curious.

He stared at her, biting his lip. "I don't know." He admitted.

"What went wrong?"

"It was us. We went wrong.

"You don't mean that."

"I do. We were given a bad script, I'd like to say. A bad plot. We did the best we could with what we had."

She laughed, a glorious sound ringing throughout the winter. "And apparently we had really bad character development too. We were crazy."

He got serious. "Don't say that. We changed. It happens. Maybe we're meant for each other. Up until this moment, we didn't know for sure. We've done what we were supposed to."

Dixie stared into the distance, her brown eyes lightening with the snow in the air. Suddenly, she looks back at Noah. "And now we, what? Stop reading?"

Noah got closer to her, putting one hand on the side of her face and pulling her closer, Hadley takes a deep breath and tries to stay calm.

"No. We just turn to a new chapter." He whispers, and then finally, he pulls her in for a kiss.

~~~
PLEASE READ THIS!!!

and just like that.
it's over!
there is another short story coming!!!
in my opinion writing short books with short chapters is more of something that i know i will update often so yeah, except short story like this one coming soon!!
This does not mean i'll stop updating the stories that have longer timelines cause ik most of you probably came from AFTER lol.

Anyway i hoped you liked this book as much as i did. I have some bonus chapters if y'all would like that.

"Before they met, they operated on different wavelengths.

This wasn't love at first sight. No, nothing like that. More like interest at first. She noticed him, miraculously. She was the new girl in town, the brand new shiny toy, so of course, he noticed her too."
        - "February" coming soon