nineteen

Dixie

September

~~~

She looked out at the newly fallen leaves, and she reveled in the beauty. Fall always was her favorite season.

She always said that autumn reminded her of him. He was beautiful. Sometimes he was warm and bright and glowing.

Autumn is beautiful, but what people seem to forget about this season is that it's when everything is dying. It's actually really morbid if you think about it.

That's why it reminded her of him... Or rather herself. So beautiful but so dead and cold inside.

She almost forgot the way his lips felt against hers. Just like the way he laughed, she almost forgot how he would look at her in pure worship and love before they fell asleep. He's so much more than anyone could see, she thought.

He's the music that made him sing along and the shows that made him smile. Everything from how he liked his coffee, to why he got the tattoo in his left wrist.

He might not be as important to everyone else, likewise, neither is every little thing about him. He's not a celebrity and he's not anybody big. He's not talked about and raved by papers and the news.

But to her, he was her everything, and she missed everything.

And Dixie knew, nothing could ever take him away from her.

At least, she hoped.