Chapter 1 | family

***

I made a mistake that would cost thousands of innocent lives

Now I have to share my burden with these men and women I consider family bound by lies

***

"It was a mistake, it was a mistake, it was a mistake-"

"Y/N!!!" I was suddenly trusted across the dirt path, triggering my senses to return. I hissed from the impact of the rugged ground against my left shoulder and rolled over onto my back as I worryingly watched as Kingo solitarily battled a deviant by manipulating his cosmic energy to create two pistols as his weapons.

A couple of feet behind me, a loud crash was perceived as branches and pieces of bark were thrown in my direction. A deviant had been hurled into a tree behind me by Gilgamesh. I covered my ears from all the loud noises as I fumbled myself around trees in direction of the Domo, occasionally coming across members of the Eternals but most of them were in the village where 90% of the deviants were located.
To get to the Domo I had to sprint through that village.

Entering the gates, I came face to face with Ikaris back as he flew down from the sky to catch a deviant by the jaw and smash it into the ground. My eyes grew wide and my legs started to feel weak but I didn't stop there, I couldn't.

I felt a large quantity of water make contact with the left side of my body as I continued to sprint down the village. My head spun in the direction of the source which revealed a frustrated looking Sersi who was currently sharing a deviant with Sprite.

Ajax was up ahead and behind her was the Domo. I ran as fast as I could in her direction but when someone ran out from a narrow street on my left and crashed into my side I thought I wasn't going to make it. Until Druig's face came into view.

"Sorry bout that!" He exclaimed as he gripped my bicep and hurried me away from a deviant coming our way.
"Come on, run!" He shouted as he took on a full speed sprint with my arm still in his grasp.

"Get her inside but we need you out here Druig." Ajax instructed as she blew a deviant away with a strong punch caused by her superhuman strength.

"Got it!" He explained as he pushed me up the gangway into the Domo before running back into the chaos.

This wasn't the first time I had to sit out on a fight.

***

"You're not ready that's all."
Spoke Druig as he squeezed my shoulder with his hand.

"I'm useless to you all!" I shouted as I shot up from my seat next to him and ran my hands over my face in frustration.
"700 hundred years and I still can't get over my fears." My voice cracked as I forced my tears to remain nonexistent as Phastos glanced over at me. I heard Druig rise from his seat behind me before he leaned his chin on my shoulder and snaked his arms around my waist but I quickly pushed him away causing him to raise his hands in surrender as a small smirk formed on his face.
I so desperately wanted to slap that amusement off of his face until Ajax's voice pierced the silence and tension in the room.

"Phastos, did you go to the party last night like I told you to?"
She asked as she glanced in my direction. Noting that I wasn't in the best state at the moment.