Chapter 1

Ava's POV:

As soon as I opened my eyes pain rushed through my body and tears filled my eyes remembering how my life became a disaster after my 10th birthday.

Deciding not to give up, I dragged my body to the bathroom to start my morning routine by finishing applying makeup to all the bruises that were all over my upper body all thanks to my beloved father.
I stared at myself in disgust in the mirror not recognizing the 10 minutes that passed so I rushed to get dressed in my comfy attire.

Running down the street to get my morning coffee, I greeted the beautiful old lady behind the cashier, her smile always puts me in a better mood on the spot

Running down the street to get my morning coffee, I greeted the beautiful old lady behind the cashier, her smile always puts me in a better mood on the spot. After thanking her for my coffee, I began to overthink how my life became this messy as I was on my way to work.

"why does he hate me? It was his fault not mine he is reason why she died and why my brother left"

Due to my daydreaming I didn't recognise the car that was about to hit me

Aurora's POV:

"hey can you pick me up" I said to my friend. " sorry rora I just arrived there, where's your driver anyway?" "he called in sick today and due to my luck no one is home and they're not picking up their phones I guess they're in a meeting" "you need to find a way to come today you know Mr. Robert is strict about attendance" "uuggghhh, okay I'll see what I can do"

It's funny how Matteo always tells me I'm always there for you blah blah blahhh stupid brother in a stupid mafiaaa!!

I have not driven in years because of my stupid fears, why is everything stupid today, I feel like I'm PMSing. Am I?

Anywayyyy, I guess today is the day that I conquer that fear, I can do it, you can do it rora, you are brave nothing to worry about, it's just a 30 minutes' drive it's not long

Neither short aurora!

Nope shut up I got no time, As I sat in the car memories flood my mind and my breathing is starting to get heavier I just sat for solid 5 minutes doing nothing until I guess I am ready to go here I'm exiting the gates, I put on the radio to distract myself a bit to calm down and I think it's working.

I take it back, it's not working my panic is rising, but thank God my phone rang just in time to snap me back to reality. Clumsy me as I picked up the phone, it slipped out of my trembling hand, as I was searching for it a girl was crossing the street out of nowhere making me hit the brakes all of a sudden. I screamed at the top of my lungs.

I can't breathe!

"MOM! Mom answer me! Matteo help me, somebody help me DAD! DAD! dad look at me! I can't breathe I kept screaming until the darkness consumed me"