Chapter 4

Matteo's POV:

God I hope she's fine now I've never been in this situation before its always dad who helps her calm I can't stand to see her in this status

And who's this girl although she helped rora yet I still don't trust her

The sound of footsteps on the stairs cut my train of thoughts

I saw her hand trembling a bit while taking a deep breath at the final step and then we made eye contact I could see a glimpse of fear in her eyes but she managed to cover it and got back to an emotionless hazel eyes.

She walked past me reaching the glass of water on the table from earlier and drank it on one huge gulp wait! Was this for her I thought she wanted it for rora!

"thank you for the water" she said as if she read my mind

"any way she's fine now and sleeping just check on her every now an.." "who the fuck are you?" I asked not waiting for her to finish her sentence

"A-Ava" she said just above whisper and I smirked knowing that I scared her though it wasn't my intention but I still need to know what happened

"and what happened Ava?" I asked coldly

"sh-she was about to hit me and she started panicking so I brought her here and I really need to go now" with that she started to leave but I grabbed her hand to stop her and she screamed and flinched away from me trying to wiggle out of my hold but I couldn't care less "where do you think you're going before I finish my questions?" I shouted and tears start to race down her face and I noticed her heavy breathing but she still managed to tell me to ask rora and freed her hand and started running quickly towards the gates and I stopped the guards from chasing her she's too fragile to be a threat!

Ava's POV:

As I reached the gates the guard opened it for me, with shaking hands I called Rose to pick me up before my own panic attack gets worse after I sent her my location, hope she comes fast. After 10 minutes of trying to calm myself down she arrived with a worried look on her face that made me think I was a burden on her I'm pretty sure she was with her boyfriend mark and I interfered on their romantic time, hope he's not mad. yupppp, my theory was correct as I saw mark behind the steering wheel. Good thing he's also my best friend so it won't be awkward. Rose helped me back to my normal state then asked me "what happened and what's with the coffee stain on your clothes?"

I told her everything that happened while on our way to drop me off at work that I'm an hour late to, hope I don't get fired I can't afford to lose it it's everything I have now.

As soon as I stepped a foot in my office, I was met by the doctor "my boss" who had an upset look on his wrinkled face "I won't fire you because you know you're like my daughter and I love you but I don't tolerate you being this late hope it doesn't happen again, are you okay?" after explaining everything for the third time today and apologised a lot, he gave me a warm hug that I was desperate for after the eventful day. I always felt safe here that's why I like my job as an assistant it's my comfort zone and the doctor is like a father figure to me.