chapter 3

Ava's POV:

Arriving at the front door I was met by a tall handsome man who is dangerously angry. Another scary guard opened the door for me "get out now! "he shouted

What is wrong with them I guess they all woke up at the wrong side of bed today!

The handsome man approached the girl immediately trying to calm her but he was doing wrong

"No No you're doing it wrong stop! You'll get her worse" I shouted at him.

Good job Ava you'll now get killed for shouting at him. If looks could kill, I would now be 6 feet under by the look he gave me!

I tried to move but the guard held my hands to stop me but I flinched and backed away.

Breathe Ava its fine stay strong the girl needs your help.

Then the man nodded at him which I guess meant leave her, so I ran to her and pushed him weakly aside with my shaking hands earning a murderous glare, I tried to get her out of the car but she was pretty heavy or I needed to visit the gym.

"help me get her inside, open all the windows and get a glass of cold water" I bossed him around. It was my turn to get pushed as he was carrying her and it was his turn to earn the same glare he gave me.

As he settled her on the couch, I kneeled beside him causiously in front of her afraid that he will push me again or worse hit my like father.

I tried to calm her once again but no she didn't calm down so I took her hand placed it on his chest "put you hand above hers now and what's her name?"

"Aurora" he answered with a worried yet masked face

"okay Aurora listen to his heartbeat and spot 5 things you can see"

She started to calm down a bit and looked around her then stuttered before saying "Matteo" "yes, rora" "the floor" he gave her a confused look but I understood he's the first thing she saw "vase" "water" "TV"

"good job aurora you're doing great now tell me 4 things you can touch" "couch" "m-matteo's hand" "table" "clothes" "great now 3 things you can hear" "you" "heartbeat" "my breath" "now tell me 2 things you can smell" "perfume" "coffee" "okay now lastly 1 thing you taste" "mint" "perfect, now follow me deep breathe in....deep breath out.." I said as I instructed her to inhale and exhale slowly for a couple of minutes now she's relaxed Matteo picked her up bridal style I assume to her room but she was still holding my hands tight so I followed them to the staircase.

As we reached the room he laid her on bed then she cleared her throat and asked matteo politely to leave them for a second

Closing the door she started "look I'm sorry for almost hitting you earlier today and thank you for helping me I really appreciate it, ohh I'm Aurora by the way but all my friends call me rora you can too" she said smiling she extended her hand to shake mine and smiling I replied "I'm Ava no worries rora thank you I should start heading out I'm already late to work"