Lily Van Der Woodsen

I met Serena in Wisconsin, but I knew her as Sabrina at the time.

And That's when she started dating my brother, Steven.

She seemed to have a lot of secrets because she withheld a lot of information about her past.

I just took in a way, where she had a troubled past, someone had hurt her and she was trying to heal from what they had done.

But when a group of people showed up claiming to know her and that her name was Serena.

Things started to get interesting...

Anyways, I decided to move to New York with my brother. I got a loft on the upper-east side to be close to my family and now friends.

I'm luckily not affected by Gossip Girl so far, but... you never know

Tonight Serena and my brother were hosting a masquerade ball. Everyone was told to wear a mask and it was a private party, only New York's richest and family of course, were invited.

As I stepped out of the limo after Blair and Chuck, I smiled at the camera showing off my dimples and pearly white teeth.

I decided to wear a Navy blue suit and a white turtleneck underneath and chose to leave my curly medium length Y/H/C hair alone.

With of course a black mask to go along with the outfit.

Walking down the red carpet towards the main entrains made me think back to when I was a kid and would dress up pretending that I was getting my pictures taken by the paparazzi.

But here I am, 25 and I was actually walking down a red carpet.

The brown doors of the building opened wide showing two guards holding it open for me and my friends.

Stepping into the building, the first thing that caught my attention was of course the food, but was secondly the gold and bronze colored walls and the huge chandelier out of the many, that hung from the ceiling. The room was swarmed with people, some talking, some dancing and my favorite people, the ones that were eating.

The room had two floors, on the second floor there were only balconies that overlooked the ballroom.

The most interesting part is that no one knew who I was and they wouldn't unless I introduced myself.

Walking past Nate, I made my way towards the food bar to scope out the options. There were mini quiches, crab puffs, a cheese platter, chocolate fountain with an assortment of fruits and marshmallows, a champagne glass tower, which I was probably going to knock over later and more.

I grabbed a crab puff, after stuffing my face with chocolate covered strawberries and turned around to see a woman who captivated my eyes as I watched her walk through the doors that were opened by the guards.

She wore a long, skin-tight V-neck black dress that complimented her brown eyes, her blond hair was in a low bun and she was wearing a gold mask that went with the theme of the walls.

Our eyes met from across the room, her brown eyes meeting my Y/e/c eyes.

I would have begun walking to her, but just as I had begun to move, she was swooped away by someone else.

"Hey Y/n, I see you have found your way towards the food bar" Blair said, as she walked towards me, making me nod as I took a bite of my crab puff.

"Yeah, sometimes saving the best for last, will end with there being nothing." I said, trying to sound philosophical. To which Blair chuckled at picking up a mini quiche and placing it on a napkin.

"So no plus one tonight? Were you hoping to meet someone tonight?" she interrogated, trying to get some info out of me like a detective.

"I didn't feel like bringing anyone and I mean who knows maybe I'll meet the one tonight." I sarcastically said, before taking another bite of my crab puff

"You'll never know unless you talk to people Y/n/n." she said "maybe you should find a dance partner."

"Eh, I'll stay here." I started, "you guys are lucky that I'm even here. As an introvert, this isn't even my scene." I said, finishing my crab puff

"Come on, let's dance." she said, patting my back, then pulling me towards the dance floor.

"Is it me, or does it feel like we're in the Elizabethan era." I said, as we started dancing. My hands on her waist and her arms around my neck

"Yeah it does, but there are cameras and the music's different"

We were like that for another ten minutes before Chuck whisked her away and I went to the bar.

"Hey could I get a whiskey on the rocks." I asked the bartender, taking a seat on one of the stools.

"Can I get two martinis?" someone said, taking a seat next to me

"So what bring you here" the person asks, making me look up as I received my drink

I look towards the person and my eyes make contact with the eyes that had me mesmerized not to long ago

"Uh, Yeah I'm related to Steven and I'm a friend of Serena's" trying not to say too much about myself, while staring into those brown eyes.

"I thought this party would be more fun, but my boyfriend won't stop talking to people and I just want to dance." she said with clear annoyance lasted in her tone of voice, taking a sip of her martini

"Do you plan on drinking both of those martinis" I ask pointing at towards the other martini

"Yeah, I was hoping that it would lighten up my mood a bit." she said, Turning around looking at all the people who were dancing

I stood up, flattened my suit with my hands and turned towards her offering my hand to her, "would you like to dance?"

"Why not, maybe I'll have at least some fun." she said, taking my hand and leaving her two martinis at the bar next to my finished whiskey cup.

We made our way towards the middle of the ball room. I placed my hands on her waist pulling her close, as she wrapped her arms around my neck.

My Y/e/c eyes stared down at her brown ones, loving the feeling of us dancing together and said " I'm Y/n by the way, Y/n Spence."

"Well Y/n Spence, I'm Lily, Lily Van Der Woodsen."

It seems there may be an affair on its way, I hope they enjoy it while it lasts because sometimes saving the best for last, will end with there being nothing.

You know you love me.

XOXO

        -     Gossip Girl