Chapter 8

Chills grew up my spine as Dandy's words lingered in my mind. I gazed down at the bloodstained water, realizing I had no other choice but to play along with his game. Attempting to slow down my breathing, I turned around and quickly disrobed, rushing into the bath out of insecurity of my body.

This seemed to please Dandy, who followed into the tub quickly behind me. I tried to avoid looking at him, the thought of seeing his bare body embarrassed me. He caught onto this, and aggressively grabbed my face, forcing me to look at him.

Using maximum force, I shook free of his grip, "Hands off, fancy pants," I grumbled, cornering myself as far from his as possible, "Well, I guess that'd be more accurate if you were actually wearing pants." As expected, Dandy couldn't completely resist my humor, because he chuckled before he could stop himself.

"It's best to prepare you now, you'll be seeing a lot of me," he whispered, leaning closer to me, "Because you're mine now."

I furrowed my brow, in attempts to hide my curiosity, and most importantly, my interest for Dandy. "Dandy, what are you talking about?"

"You're going to be my wife. I just know it. Mother has prepared me l, since I was a boy, with all her stupid, pathetic set ups to find a suitable wife. They were all measly cows, but now I realize - there was a reason none of those disgusting swine weren't enough. I was waiting for someone, someone like you. Someone who can handle the responsibility of walking beside a god, someone who's a goddess herself." His eyes appear much brighter than they once were, I could even faintly see my reflection in his eyes.

I felt a rush of heat in my face, unable to make words come out of my mouth. Dandy has no idea what he's talking about, I told myself, I know I'm not the trophy wife he's searching for.

"From the moment I saw you, I knew it. I knew you were the one," he continued, speaking in between soft kisses, "Say the words, and I'm yours."

I smirked at him, deciding to play along with his game. "And what exactly would those words be?" I chirped, lowering my voice with every word I spoke, "Just in case I'm interested."

As he leaned back, I realized how close our bare bodies were. The idea made me blush, but I quickly pushed the thought from my mind. I would be damned if I would see the day where Dandy Mott himself made me blush or go completely weak in the knees.

"Say you'll marry me, Lucy."

(Hey guys, I'm so sorry this chapter is so incredibly short, but I promise to write a longer chapter very soon. So much has changed for me in these past few weeks, hence why I haven't been writing as frequently as I used to. I have also decided on how many chapters to make this fic, and Im currently about half way done. But no need to fear, I have lots of other writing ideas I'll be starting on soon as well, quite a few having to do with dandy. ;) anyways, let me know what you think about Dandy's surprise engagement and I hope you're excited to find out what happens next chapter!)