Recover

The Next Day
Kenjiro’s Pov

    “Kenjiro!” my mother yelled. She was holding a knife in one hand and a gun in the other. 

    “Y-Yea mother,” I answered, shakily.

    “*Insert screaming for some reason*!” my mother yelled. “Why can’t ya just be a good kid? For once in yer pathetic life!”

    She was so mad and was going to shoot. Just then, a small smirk crept onto her face, “I won’t kill ya. Instead, I’ll torture ya ‘til ya kill yerself.” 

    She came over to me and tied my hands together with some rope in one of the kitchen drawers. She placed her gun in another drawer with her knife in the knives holder. She placed me down on the ground up against a wall. She grabbed some duct tape and taped my mouth shut. Mom, please. I need a reason to live, not another one to die.

    She grabbed a bat of hers from her room, and she started to beat me with it. Can’t cry. Can’t cry. If I cry, she’ll hurt me more. I closed my eyes, hoping for the beating to end. Instead, I felt some glass hit my shoulder.

    “I found some of yer dad’s bottles, and they work pretty well, don’t they?” she said, in her cold, dead tone. 

    Once she was done, she untied me and ripped off the tape. She went out the door and most likely left to get to her gang. I tried my best to stand up, but my legs were killing me. Man, they hurt so much. I crawled over to the stairs, my shoulder also hurting, and crawled up the stairs to the bathroom. 

    “Kenjiro!” Stacy yelled, seeing me crawl up the stairs. “What happened?”

    She got the twins to come help me up the rest of the stairs. They brought me to the bathroom and picked out the glass in my shoulder. 

    “Ken, what happened?” Haitsu asked, worry tracing their voice. 

    “D-Don’t worry ‘bout it,” I mumbled. 

    But, I needed someone. I needed someone to help with this. I couldn’t walk, and my shoulder was pretty much useless. I was hurting, most likely bruised, and bleeding. 

    We heard the door open, and our mom yelled, “I’m going on a week long mission. Ya know the rules.”  And with that, she was gone.

    “Ken, I’m getting the prisoner. He’ll be able to help,” Stacy said. 

    “That’s dangerous though, Stacy,” I responded. 

    “Ken, it’s better than ya not being able to get anything done because of what happened. Also, we know nothing ‘bout first aid,” Haitsu explained. I nodded.

    Stacy left, and the twins were looking at me with concerned expressions. Blood was flowing out of my shoulder and down my arm. After a few minutes, Stacy came back up with my senpai. 

    “What on earth happened?” he asked, concern on his face. 

    He grabbed the first aid kit out of the cupboards and looked down at my siblings, “How ‘bout you three go back to your room while I help Ken? Deal?” The three nodded and left. He shut the door behind ‘em. 

    “Now Ken, please take off your shirt, so I can see what I’m doing,” Semi demanded, already holding onto my shirt. 

    “I-I may not be able t-to,” I stuttered, quietly, barely able to use my left arm. 

    Semi gently took off my shirt, and his expression became even more full of concern. I felt the blood oozing from the glass and down the front and back of my torso.