Ch 3 - "Gotcha."

\m/

Chloe's POV

I step out of the shower, wrapping the dark green towel around my nude body. It's weird having 5 other people living in my house. They could easily walk in on me showering, sleeping, changing and I'm not down with that. It almost feels like an invasion of my own privacy.

Luke softly knocks on the unlocked door, "Hey, your parents and my family just left. Just us and it's 6:30. Are you almost done?"

"No, what time does that party start?" I ask, wondering if we're already late.

"We're not late it's okay. I just wanted to take you out to eat first, as friends obviously."

That's what we'll ever be, Luke. Get it through your thick blonde locks, "Okay, and that's super nice of you. I'll be ready in 30."

"Okay, not too fancy, it is only a high school party." I can see his smile from the closed door.

I walk out of the bathroom, towel tightly wrapped around my body.

"Gotcha." I wink walking off down the long dark hall towards my bedroom.

\m/

"Seriously, Taco Bell is the only place you could've chosen from?" I say, sarcastically not caring where we eat as long as I'm with Luke.

"Sorry, we can go somewhere else." He says sheepishly.

"I'm kidding, I don't really care where we eat."

He shakes his head hiding a smile pulling into the ordering area.

We get our tacos and scarf them down, challenging each other who can chug their drinks faster.

I win.

Loser.

"You're abnormal." He laughs in my ear.

"Well, I have you as a friend so it makes up for it." I smile huge, crinkling my eyes shut.

"You're so damn cute." He kisses my nose.

I know this only as friends, he doesn't like me. I know he doesn't and that hurts.

"Ha, it's my specialty." I boop his nose, smiling at the crinkles at the edges of his eyes.

\m/

Luke parks, I get out wiping off my black ripped jeans tightening the strap on my black combat boots.

"I love how you wore band merch." He chuckles, his eyes shining in the moon light.

"Says the one talking." I roll my eyes, walking up to the huge house that awaits our arrival.

We walk in together, music overtaking our hearing and bodies against each other tuning our eyesight.

Stacy comes up to us, "Omg y'all made it!" Did I mention she's a bit, country?

"Haha yeah, thanks for inviting us again."

"Anytime, always plenty of room - erm okay maybe plenty of room outside." She laughs, her head tilting back, her black curls bouncing.

Luke laughs, lust in his eyes and it feels like a piece of my heart broke off and grew wings, growing up feeling forgotten.

"Hey, uh can we dance now Luke." I ask, jealously all over my face.

"Oh yeah tota-" Luke is cut off.

"Ew, who invited you?" Kassandra cuts him off, poisoning the air around us.