Ch 15 - The Sun Hung From A String

|| Chapter song - If My Heart Was a House by Owl City ||

\m/

Chloe's POV

We arrive at the school, cars already filling up the parking lot of the school. I swallow hard, scared. I don't know who I will be seeing at this dance. His hand grabs mine, giving it a light kiss, I smile, at least I'm here with him.

We walk together to the doors, we cash in our tickets in and music blasts from the blue doors of the school's gymnasium. My heels click against the tan flooring that matches with the blue tiles outlining the floor.

"Don't be scared, I can feel it that you are. Just be yourself." His words invade my ears, warming my heart making me remember who I'm with.

I let loose.

"I'm going to go get some punch, okay?" I exclaim over the music, his gorgeous eyes meet mine, his head nodding a simple 'okay.'

I walk over the punch and food area, my eyes and mouth scan over the many food choices on the table. Crackers, cheese, meat slices, bread, punch, soda, water, cookies, candies, anything you could think of was on this very table. I smile, taking a small plastic, clear, flimsy, cup in my hands and pouring some red punch in the cup.

I smell it first, making sure no one spiked it with anything. Not that I wouldn't mind.

I walk back over to the person who went to prom with me who is talking to one of my close friends. He's different I guess, I mean, not the bad different. He makes me laugh when Luke isn't around, makes me feel loved. But not as much as Luke can. I appreciate having him though, he means a lot to me.

"I see you've met Calum. Hi Calum."

"So, I've finally met your awesome brother."

"Oh, ha, yeah. Calum this is my brother, Michael. Michael, this is my close guy friend, Calum."

His eyes light up when he hears my voice, "He's pretty cool. Likes the same music as me."

"Yeah, he's neat like that."

\m/

It's been 3 hours and it's currently 10:00 pm. Prom isn't over till 3 am. Our school let's us have our freedom once in a while. Parties like this can go on forever. Someone will eventually take it to their house.

"Michael, have you seen Luke anywhere?" I ask, my eyes and heart wanting to see him again.

"No, I don't think he came. I hope you find him. Want me to help you?"

"Nah, it's all good. He's probably gobbling up all the food." I chuckle, however it comes out more as a whimper.

I start to walk to the food area, hoping to find Luke.

I see her brown curls bouncing on the dance floor, her hands flying everywhere enjoying herself.

Her eyes meet mine, holding the gaze. I stare at her body in amusement, how she can move without looking, her hands raking down someone's chest. I follow her arms and hands to the person's chest, looking them up and down. I notice, the hair, the eyes, the legs, the body in general, it's him. My heart is broke forever.

He doesn't bother to push her wanting body off of him, he allows it, almost wanting her also.

I bite my lip hard, causing it to bruise and open blood filling the holes between my taste buds.

I run out of the school, pushing the double doors open. I look back, regretting as I see her lips meet his. My own brother kissing my enemy.

I will never forgive him.