Ch 8 - Wow, He Came.

\m/

Chloe's POV

[7 months later]

July 12.

I stare at the clock, the time changing from 12:56am to 12:57am. My eyes are heavy, my arms are weak, my heart is shattered, and my dreams are dead.

I've had no sleep ever since July 1, 12:00 am.

4 more days.

I keep telling myself.

Just keep holding on.

I take a deep breath through my nose, out my mouth. Now the clock hits 1 am, and I'm still sitting, broken and dead inside.

I miss him I do, I just want to be in his arms.

\m/

July 15

I sit on the curb off of W. Sander St., staring at the blue house across the street. Blue is Luke's favorite color.

A horn honks, making me jump.

"Move!" The young man yells, I get up moving out his way as he turns the corner.

Jerk.

It's July 15, at 4 am and I'm sitting on the curb again, shoving my earbuds in my ears, Halsey playing.

My phone buzzes, an unknown number coming to the screen. A text message.

Anon: Hi, he won't be coming I'm sorry.

I stare at the text my heart dropping to the ground, coming out of my chest.

I reply, simple.

Me: Who? If you're talking about my friend he will be coming he would never let me down.

Anon: Don't be stupid, Chloe. I know you and if he doesn't come, your life will be ruined, making my job easier.

Me: As if, I don't know who you are but leave me alone.

Anon: Don't forget school tomorrow, oh you sure as hell wouldn't want to miss it  July 16, remember that, Chloe Lynn Parker.

That gets me, July 16. I stare at the texts we sent back and forth. Who is this?

No, way. It can't be.

\m/

I gather my bag for school, not forgetting my pencil on the counter.

I'm wearing my mint green pants with a matching flowered shirt that goes well with a light denim jacket, and my combat boots. I have eye makeup on and my lips done, I have my mint green earrings and necklace on with the diamond bracelet Luke gave me on my left wrist, and sorts of gold ones on my right wrist. I smile at my outfit, my hair is up in a pony, with a braid. I feel like me, I feel... good.

I head for the bus today, knowing my mom is still asleep.

I hate school, I don't want to go. I remember the texts, maybe he won't come. What if he doesnt? Does he still remember me?

Before I know it, I'm at school walking through the halls, people snickering, and giggling.

I sigh and walk past them, seeing a note on my locker door.

I open it reading it.

Dear Chloe Lynn Parker,

It's me. I'm sorry to tell you this but I can't make it. My flight crashed, luckily it wasn't bad, and I survived. I'm sorry, I wish i could have been there sooner, it's my birthday for goodness sake, I hate not seeing you. My girlfriend and I broke up, he wasn't like you. I miss you and love you

- Yours truly.

I blink the tears away, no. I can't cry.

Kassandra walks up, alone this time.

"Oh, yeah he gave me that to give to you."

I look at her, straight in the eyes, "How did you get a hold of him?" I ask, furious that he would talk to her and not me first.

"Mutals I guess, I mean he was popular until you showed up. You ruined his rep. I feel bad really, sorry for your loss." She smiles at the end, happiness evident all over her fake, ugly, plastic face.

"I hate you Kassandra. First you text me from an unknown number, and now you're writing letters from him to 'give' to me? I hate how low you stand, really. Needing to get someone's hopes down to make you feel and look bigger. It's pathetic. Drop the act and show your true self, but I'm sure neither are pretty. If you're going to be two faced, at least make one of them pretty." I sneer at her, biting in her flesh, wanting to reach her heart making her feel bad. I hate her I do.

I can see hurt and confusion over her face, "I said it. I stood up for myself. Go cry in the damn corner like you do every night because your mom is dead. She's gone and now you have a stepmom who doesn't give a fuck about you, only your dad, who isn't even your real dad." I hiss at her, tears coming to her eyes. "Doesn't feel good being treated poorly does it? Take this as a lesson learned Kassandra, beauty is only skin deep, but ugly is to the bone." I feed to her, walking off, noticing a blonde by the door with his blue book bag swung over his shoulders.

Wow, he came.

\m/

HAHAHA CLIFFHANGER LOVE YA LOSERS BUYING MY PIERCINGS TONIGHT YAY I'M EXCITED OKAY LOVE YA LOSERS COMMENT VOTE AND SHARE!!!!!