Ch - 1 : Fate

The chill breeze touching her back as she sat there holding a box with tears ready to fall.
It's been 3 hours since she got married and faced all what she shouldn't be facing.

Yazhini's parents died in a train crash when she was young leaving behind her small sister for her to take care of. Since then she was constantly pressurised by her aunt and uncle who thought she was only a burden to them to get married. With little savings and money she somehow sent her little sister Aadhya to a boarding school far from her residence.
She loved writing. Writing was her passion and becoming a director was her dream. Although she knew it could never happen, she would write whenever she feels sad and lonely because she strongly believes in the fact that plain sheets of paper are better in listening to your cry than cruel people.
She had only one friend whom she trusts, Meghna. Meghna and she were childhood friends and her parents treated Yazhini like their own daughter. She was her only ray of light when everything around her became dark.

Under continuous pressure of her aunt and uncle, she decided to marry the guy they were convincing her for the past 3 months. His name was Ajay and he was proclaimed to be a software engineer. She saw his photo for the first time and he looked quite decent with clean shave and formals.

Meghna rushed into Yazhini's house and started yelling while Yazhini was simply pouring the coffee into her cup.
" Unakku arivu irukka?"
"Enna panra nu therinju dhaan panriya Yazhini?"
"Yaarune theriyaadha oru aala poyi-"
"Yazhini! Naa unkita dhaan pesitu iruken! Nee paatu ukkandhu cool ah coffee kudichitu irukka?"
"Enna vera enna panna solra" Yazhini calmly broke the silence.
"Paaka decent ah irukaan, nalla padichirkaan nu solraanga. Adha vida enakku en chithi chithappa kitterndhu viduthalai kedachirom", she said making Meghna look at her with concern.
"Aana enakku bayama irukke. Avanga eppodhume nee nalla irukanum nu nenachadhe illa ma. Unna engaiyavadhu poi thalli vitutaanga na?" Meghna expressed her worry.
Yazhini just smiled back at her and patted her shoulder, "Enakku onnum thappa therila di, Enna nadanthaalum adhu kadavul oda setting nu nambuvom!" ,She said making Meghna smile.
"Seri vaa, poyi K-drama paapom! Pudhu episode release aachu la!", Saying so she pulled Meghna to the tv both of them happily smiling unaware of the danger awaiting her.

It was the day of her marriage. She was clad in a kanchipuram peach coloured silk saree with gold zari in it's border. Meghna's eyes teared on seeing her and she quickly cracked her knuckles (Nazar Naa Lagae) making Yazhini chuckle.
For the first time she saw him. Ajay. He was wearing a mask, but his eyes didn't match with the guy she saw in the photo. Photo tricks maybe she thought and kept her thoughts aside not sensing the danger around her.

In a blink she got married and she stood their in the mandap with kumkum on her forehead partition and the turmeric applied wet nuptial chain searching for her husband.
He was no where to be seen. She thought he would've left due to tiredness. She took a cab and entered his Apartment which looked like an old one and not in use.
She pushed away those spider webs as she walked through the house. She entered the bedroom to find the bedsheet ruffled and the lights dimmed. She sat on the bed looking around in suspicion when he entered.

It was then when she saw his face. He had red, bloodshot eyes and thick beard around his face. He looked no similar to the guy in the photograph. He was all rugged and all he did was enter take his wallet that was lying on the bedside table and shut the door behind him with a loud thud.

Yazhini couldn't process the things happening before her. First, he was not the guy she saw in the photo. Second, he did not seem good and genuine to her. Three, and most importantly she was cheated!
She was betrayed! They broke her heart. Her eyes started blurring, she felt a sting in her heart. Her whole life was destroyed. She took only one decision in her life and that killed her completely.
She put her head in her hands and started crying out loudly. She thought she'd get a shoulder to cry on but never did she imagine that she'd put sand on her own head.

At that moment, a bell rang and a box was pushed inside. She jolted on hearing the bell ring but relaxed after no one came in but a box. She wiped her tears and went to pick the box up. It felt quite heavy and her eyebrows scrunched on it's weight. She opened the box which had several layers of thermocol tightly packed.

Her eyes widened, her breath hitched, her hands trembled and tears started flowing down as she dropped the box down.

She saw the hand of a dead body which was cut and wrapped in a plastic cover along with a small toy car with blood stains.

How did you like it? Writing a fan fiction for the first time!

The cover was designed by my smile machine! My empty! @empty_here_ on twitter! Go give him a follow! He'll make you laugh for sure with his ultra level memes! ❤️

Thank you! ❤️