Ch - 6 : The Roar.

Vikram sat there on the bench pressing his forehead, while Yazhini and Rakshan stared at the ground, panic-stricken. 

"Naan nenacha maariye, there's someone big behind this. Ivana vechu game aadirukaanga.", Vikram finally broke the silence. 

Momentarily, the deceased person's phone rang from the ziplock bag. Rakshan and Vikram looked at each other before he proceeded to pick the phone. The number was coined as 'Private'. Vikram held the phone near his ear not opening his phone. There was complete silence from the other side, he suddenly heard an evil laugh for about 2 secs which was modified and it sounded like a robotic voice before the phone switched off. 

Vikram roared like a beast almost firing up the place. He stretched his arms and roared at that intensity that the first two buttons of his uniforms just hopped off to the ground. Yazhini looked at him teriffied while Rakshan knew that he had to leave and he'll be okay after sometime. He waited in the jeep parked outside. He nudged Yazhini but she was in no mood to budge. 

Vikram sat down on the ground tears flowing out his eyes. The images of the dead children and their parents weeping flashed in his mind. Just then without thinking for a moment, Yazhini went near him, sat on her knees and hugged his head close to her chest. She carressed his head calming him down but that ultimately broke him more. He started crying out loudly, muttering between the cries, "Maa, ennala andha pasangala nenachu paakave mudiyala. Avanga amma appa kadharnadhu innum en kaadhula ketute irukku. I will never be able to forgive myself if I don't find the culprit", he hugged her close sobbing. 

"Unnala indha case mudikka mudiyum nu naan namburen Vikram", Yazhini said making him look up at her with teary eyes. She wiped the tear traces and said, "I believe in you, I know you will catch him and throw him behind the bars". 

Vikram got up, straightened his uniform and looked straight into her eyes and said, "Ennala mudiyum. Enni 3rd day la I'll catch him and give him lifetime imprisonment!". Yazhini looked at him like 'that's my boy' as they pulled Rakshan from the jeep inside. 

"Avan phone lerndhu ore oru number ku mattum thaan call poyirku. Andha aalu ah trace panna edhaa information kedaikum. Naan mattum poitu varen neenga rendu perum bathrama irunga.", Vikram said and launched off determined. 

(Play this bgm)

He entered a dusty godown, located in the outskirts of the city. He carried a gun in his hand holding it securely parallel to his face as he walked in by the turns. All of a sudden, someone attacked him with an iron rod at the back of his head. His mind turned completely blank for a moment, but he regained compusture and turned around, swiftly catching hold of the man's wrist, twisting his arm, he kicked on his back with a force that he almost did a cartwheel before he reached the ground. 

2 other men came running each holding an iron chain and a rod. Vikram in style caught hold of the rod and circled the chain around it flying. He hit both the men with it which caused their mouth to bleed as they fell down. 

Vikram heard a devilish laugh and turned back only to experience the shock of his life. Rakshan stood there smirking at him as he pulled a chair by his leg and sat on it cross legged. 

"Achachoo! Enna kanna? Thala suthudha?! ", Rakshan mockingly said but Vikram was too struck by the shock that he stood there helpless. 

Vikram ran to him and grabbed his collar, anger rising to it's peak. "Deiii! Ennada panitu irukka?!" , while Rakshan just smirked. Just then something else striked Vikram's eyes. He saw Rakshan's wrist and gasped. He was utterly confused.

His Rakshan had a birthmark on his right wrist and the guy standing in front of him did not have it. The 'doppleganger' , Vikram thought and smirked. He started laughing devilishly which increased on seeing the confused face on the other side. He swiftly took his gun from the pocket and aimed at his temple almost frightening him to death. 

"Hey Hey, un friend ah poyi kolla pora?", he asked sweating. 

"Adhuku nee en friend ah irukanum da venna! Enna paakra? 20 varsham friendship! Idhu kooda therilana epdi! ", Vikram answered smirking. 

"Mariyaadhaiya unmaiya sollidu. Who is behind all this? What's the motive? Nee sollalana un kadaisi aasaiya keka kooda yaarum irukka maatanga", Vikram asked fiercly his gun now anytime ready to fire. 

Before he could answer, the doppleganger fell down in Vikram's arms shot in his head. "Heyyyyyyyyyyyy! ", Vikram roared. He saw a sniper setup in a faraway building. He was desperate to know the answer, he heard him mumbling. 

"Nee paathruka. Un kannula viral ah vitu aatraanga. ", he said before he went to his deep slumber not to wake up again. Vikram clenched his collar and roared like a lion. 

Was it okay? 

Sorry for the late update ❤